Do Indian women REALLY have compassion for others??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Prachi20, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Prachi20

Prachi20 Bronze IL'ite

My observations in my entire life:

1.Female in-laws harass the new bride more for dowry by taunts and comments.They incite the men also to follow them.If they dont listen,they are labelled as MCP.So they are forced to obey.In the end,they are blamed since ages for suppressing women.

2. In workplaces,schools,colleges females have a tendency to make groups of their own.Men usually interact with everyone.They dont form those groups of 4 or 5.
    In female groups they will usually backbite the shy,reserved girl who is not a part of them.At times they show her down.

If any 1 powerful woman does not like another girl,she will usually badmouth her and all other women will gang up against her to bully her by words,comments,laughing at her,etc.Usually men dont engage in such suble forms of bullying.Rather in workplaces,schools and colleges,men from decent backgrounds are actually very helpful towards women.Yet they are termed as selfish while women are termed as "giving",dont know for what!

3. If an indian woman's child does well at school,she'll keep on boasting everywhere and look down upon other children of his age who dint do so well.If her child is taller than her neighbour's child,she will usually keep reminding him "dont you eat well?"she wont understand how much his ego is hurt.Usually men dont engage in such useless conversations.

4. A woman cannot tolerate another woman's appreciation of her dress,jewellery,etc.

5.If a man wants to help a needy person on road,usually his wife will stop him and he will usually listen for the fear of getting rebuked.

6.Most joint families have broken in india because of jealousy ridden fights b/w women,and because of divide and rule policy followed by most mother inlaws.But western culture is blamed for it.Western culture never taught women to instigate their husbands or to play kitchen politics,This is indian women's mentality.

7.In most cases of female infanticide,the baby's mother is mostly pressurised by mother inlaw and sister inlaw to kill the child.Men are usually not involved.If they get involved its because of pushing by their wives.Still men are blamed for suppressing women!

Yet we say Indian women have a lot of maternal instinct,and softness.We call men selfish.

What's your opinion?Please think coolly instead of getting angry,as I have only presented before you a bitter truth.

PS-I am an Indian girl who's bold enough to call spade a spade :)

2. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

mm true... 90% of the family issues including husband-wife fights are due to pressures from mother in laws on their sons.... :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Helpmeplease127

Helpmeplease127 Silver IL'ite

Agree 100% with OP. Even in families where daughters are treated badly and sons revered I have noticed and experienced mothers playing favorites with sons and dads are closer to daughters.

4. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

I am an Indian girl who's bold enough to call spade a spade :)

1.Female in-laws harass the new bride more for dowry by taunts and comments.They incite the men also to follow them.If they dont listen,they are labelled as MCP.So they are forced to obey.In the end,they are blamed since ages for suppressing women.

And fathers-in-law and husbands relax and watch the show? What makes them such mute spectators. Didn't know they were always so eager to do their wives' bidding. Maybe the wife is a convenient front. Woman vs. woman? There u have it, no one blames me, i'll watch from the shadows while games play out, no one's the wiser that I run the show.

1 person likes this.
  5. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

2. In workplaces,schools,colleges females have a tendency to make groups of their own.Men usually interact with everyone.They dont form those groups of 4 or 5.
    In female groups they will usually backbite the shy,reserved girl who is not a part of them.At times they show her down.

If any 1 powerful woman does not like another girl,she will usually badmouth her and all other women will gang up against her to bully her by words,comments,laughing at her,etc.Usually men dont engage in such suble forms of bullying.Rather in workplaces,schools and colleges,men from decent backgrounds are actually very helpful towards women.Yet they are termed as selfish while women are termed as "giving",dont know for what!

3. If an indian woman's child does well at school,she'll keep on boasting everywhere and look down upon other children of his age who dint do so well.If her child is taller than her neighbour's child,she will usually keep reminding him "dont you eat well?"she wont understand how much his ego is hurt.Usually men dont engage in such useless conversations.

Ahh...so much has been made out of female jealousy and backbiting. Are we indeed that jealous of each other for each and every thing? Ask yourself, u claim to be a woman too :)

Are u telling me that men arent ever jealous, because they are not expressing it?

4. A woman cannot tolerate another woman's appreciation of her dress,jewellery,etc.

As a small example, all the ILites here encouraging, motivating, appreciating and helping each other on this forum, must be nice guys disguised as women, no?

1 person likes this.
  6. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

7.In most cases of female infanticide,the baby's mother is mostly pressurised by mother inlaw and sister inlaw to kill the child.Men are usually not involved.If they get involved its because of pushing by their wives.Still men are blamed for suppressing women!

I take serious exception to this generalization. Women are living in a social set up that is very exacting and demanding of them. I cannot believe that a mother would want to kill her own child, happily and willingly. Not to say that some females don't have patriarchal attitudes, but who told them women are inferior? their own experiences and conditioning. Who created these patriarchal conditions of subjugation. I guess you're going to tell me women invented instruments to oppress themselves :)

7. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

Are you really

1. A girl
    2. bold enough
    3. calling a spade a spade

To me your post is more like a generalization that some radical feminists make " All men are dogs" :)
    Also, blaming the victim for her/his own condition.

2 people like this.
  8. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

This has nothing to do with women hating women or girl child.This has everything to do with MONEY and SECURITY in old age.Boy child takes care of family financially and his wife clean and cook so having boy child is win win situation while having girl child is debt as she joins guys family and dont give salary to parents.

9. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Pratchi- What is your point with all these posts? Maybe you need to find that rich guy soon who can keep you in luxury and not worry your pretty head with all these crapy questions.

I cant speak for ALL Indian women but trust me I am compassionate when I say peruse through matrimonial sections for a rich guy because these questions will lead you nowhere.

10. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.