1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do Dh's Help Their Wife In Cooking?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ammu2886, Dec 25, 2016.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

My mil also did not like her son to help in kitchen work. He doesn't know to cut vegetables. As I have fallen sick now he wants me to teach him cooking at 83 years. I told him that I haven't got the patience now. Blessed to have my daughter nearby.
    PS

2. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for all the replies!!

My DH does not even make a tea even if I am sick....When I asked him he said men hardly cook and he also said ,u just see all these in movies not in real life...
    My dad still helps my mom at his old age...
    DH says i will get the food from out but I cannot get in to kitchen work:smash2:
    Why should I prefer outside food when Iam sick :-D..I will cook on my own..

And to the D's who help their wife hats off to you:beer-toast1:

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dad used to go out to buy vegetables and a very strong memory is of mum and dad sitting together to chop vegetables for the morning before going off to sleep. Those days there was no washing machine. Dad used to wash sheets since it was heavy for mom or for the maid. BH? Shopping for / chopping vegetables? No chance! But yes, he does make coffee for me and an occasional sandwich too. No issues getting a plate full of food served by him either, just that it is far too full when he serves it out! :-D

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

It depends.

We both are working couple. So, my H's visits to the kitchen is very frequent. Either to help me cooking, cutting non-vegs, or juice making or at least self serving such as making his tea, bread tosts or maggie when I am busy with other stuff. But I don't encourage him to my cooking department unless I am helpless and need some big hands.
    Because his support will eventually mean, I will have more work in the kitchen. He would work in a rush, which makes the entire kitchen a mess after a while. I can't stand a messy kitchen.

So, we usually prefer the traditional way. He goes to the market, makes the grocery shopping, arranges the table, cleans the garbage bin, and other things around the house, while I do my cooking tasks.

5. rajatsingh

rajatsingh Silver IL'ite

Very much right. Cooking is a pleasure for men ! I love cooking, AS LONG AS SOMEONE IS THERE TO WASH THE UTENSILS !!

songbird46 likes this.
  6. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

My DH helps me in cutting veggies, that's a great help as our consumption of vegetables is very high but listening to his "I have done soooo much, I am such a great help to you" is ...... :angry:

Ammu2886 and songbird46 like this.
  7. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Pointless questions to men who love to cook..Not who does nt.:grimacing:

8. anuyogam1988

anuyogam1988 Gold IL'ite

Yes! In our house, whoever comes home first from work will take care of dinner and lunch for the next day. Most of the days he reaches home earlier than me and he takes care of cooking and other chores.

9. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

If the husband is not a threat to the wife in cooking skills, she may allow him to do this and that! Usually she is elated even with a little bit of help like "turning it off on three whistles". She feels great about how she trained him :)

KashmirFlower likes this.
  10. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

my DH helps in cutting vegetables and makes tea on weekends. He is a good cook and cooks whenever I need him to cook (tired, came late from work, etc). I have to be away while he cooks as he will be using too many utensils and be messy. But he cleans everything before inviting me for the meal. The only thing he doesn't cook is rotis, everything else by watching youtube videos and internet recipes.

Ammu2886 and KashmirFlower like this.