1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do Curses By Elders Actually Come True?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Needtobestrong, May 12, 2021.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I confess that ive been mentally disturbed since many many days..
    Many of my known people have been affected by Covid..
    Few people whom I don’t know personally but in extended circle, have passed away.
    About a month or more ago, there was a massive fight with my In laws..
    My MIL cursed me ,
    1. That I’m good for nothing ,..will amount to nothing..
    2. That My general knowledge is zero..yes indeed I do not have much knowledge of current and fairs because I’m so damn busy with household works I don’t get time to read newspaper or watch headlines on a TV or follow politics..
    3. She knows I had a good academic record in college but she was mocking me whether I actually studied and wrote exams or cheated and got thru unfair means as how am I capable of getting good marks?
    4. She said I will never achieve anything or prosper in life...that it’s my fault I got the health problems, due to my bad thinking...she said that with full anger and frustration...
    I’m wondering whether her curse is coming true?
    In my city , Covid situation is worst and we are unable to get vaccination due to shortage.
    I got a job opportunity, and applied for it..I had high hopes of getting the job as the added income will be a blessing for me...all of a sudden the recruiters stopped responding..either the vacancy is kept on hold or they got some other candidate,..
    I can understand that the job market is bad still I felt bad..
    What ever I had prepared for my job interviews is just slipping out of my mind and I’m forgetting simple concepts ...
    This pandemic itself is a stressful situation...What if her curse comes true...My career gap got extended due to pandemic situation..I always had a hope in my mind that this will also pass, and once situation improves I’ll get job...atleast next year..but do elders curses come true?
    Kindly given me some consolation ladies..

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

My SIL who probably prays several hours cursed me . Initially all those words used to hurt me but now I’m destined to make everything false . Take it as a motivation and work hard . No one has power to change your fate except you

3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

If you have not done anything wrong, nothing to worry. You were such a good DIL to them.
    Your fate is in your hands. Motivate yourself, workhard till you succeed. There is no replacement for your hardwork snd dedication. It will be rewarded. So be positive and work towards acheiving your goal. What you need is the drive to succeed

Believe me after some years when you look back, you will realise how much time and energy you wasted on your in laws instead of your own life.
    Ignore their comments, learn not to take their actions or words to your heart. Indifference is the best approach in your case. It does not mean to disrespect others.Just go on with your life. Do minimum things for them, learn to say No in different ways. Now you are attached to them in some way. It wont do any good. Thats why you are getting affected.
    So focus your full energy on your life and job search. You will be alright.
    Good luck

4. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

If you have done nothing wrong, curses (elders or not) will not come true.

5. winterhue

winterhue Gold IL'ite

OP, I dont believe in "curses" done with an evil intent. Meaning, if someone curses you just because they feel like it , it doesnt work. BUT, I do believe that the mind believes whatever YOU tell it. So if you say "I am not good enough", the brain starts believing it. If you say "I am good enough, I am doing my best ", then the brain will believe that .
    I know it is stressful right now, but keep telling yourself that this will pass. Keep preparing for the next interview, next job. Having general knowledge is good, but it is not the ULTIMATE thing. So many people live a peaceful life with no knowledge about politics or sports. Again, it is good to listen to 15 minutes news (maybe while cooking), so you are aware of what is happening in the world, but not knowing things does not make you a "nothing". Think of all your accomplishments. Think of how well you are managing home and family. That is not "nothing". YOU ARE AMAZING and a rockstar! Dont let anyone tell you otherwise. All the best with your job search, when the time comes, it will happen. Till then, keep trying.

6. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

Many months ago, she cursed you this much, still you are working hard to get her acknowledgement in everything you do. How are you living with this lady? I have read your other posts too. your mil has filled you with negativity. Seriously, you need a counselling..
    If I were you in your place, I would have cursed her back by completely ignoring her presence in the house. I will not talk or listen to such a person or do nothing to her.
    You are confusing too much about curse and karma. In my opinion no such thing exist. Focus on you and ignore this lady completely. Why do you even talk to her??

7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Words only have the power that you give to them. Otherwise they are just noises.
    Google “grey rock” and use this with your MIL.

8. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

I have read your posts. I think your EQ is low and IQ is very high-

They play mind games with you- like cousin SIL- who is too good and now the curses.

Please you are a mismatch for their orchestrated systemic breaking of your spirit- games.

They conniving bit** and you are falling for it. Your husband is in it too.

Looks like there is no one - that you can talk to- face to face. In this case, start keeping a journal. Online or real one- you will start seeing a pattern. Also start meditating and start mon-vrat 'no talking' - not joking here- real one and declare to them. You have to reign in your mind and then retrain it. You have to be aware of the patterns.

Since, you cannot get away from them- surviving and keeping yourself healthy- in mind and in body- should be your focus. It is easy for others to see what you cannot see- that they are playing with your mind.

Sorry if I hurt you- my intentions are not that

9. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

what is EQ?

Needtobestrong and Rihana like this.
  10. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

EQ is emotional intelligence.

Op when someone says I m not good enough I feel I take it as challenge and do better and better in my life. Keep working hard towards your goal. I would say till u get job focus on improving your physical health and mental health with good diet, good sleep, meditation etc. there is help for everything if u ask for it. Ignore mother in law or any negativity. They will suffer by their own karma. You will get good job but before that improve your health. God help them who help themselves.