1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do children of today Play??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aquamarine, Mar 7, 2008.

1. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Hi meera,

it is wonderful that your child is playing and i think she needs to be made to understand that nothing is expected out of her...when she realises you are not expecting anything from her but she is special on her own..she will start to have fun instead of competing in it...

warm wishes,

aqua.

2. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Dear shanthi,

i am in awe....such a brilliant plan to keep children occupied..you know my mom used to do that with us....we used to play carom board, batminton till the late hours of night in the street lights....and sometimes she would say...the person who creates a good painting will get a treat and we would be busy creating something that mom says is the best and we could get yummy treats....she played with us....painted with us...mom is a great artist she taught me how to fabric paint, oil paint, pencil sketch and even water colours...and yes she would also involve us when making our special dishes so we feel important....parents have a dab hand at setting examples for children .....fantastic view my friend...

thanks for sharing your view with me...

warm wishes,

priya.

3. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Hi Jay,

you people are proving to be great parents...nice to see a good change in the trend of parents who are busy watching the daily soaps...great going....

warm wishes,

aqua.

4. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Hi chithi,

well said...what can i say you are mom of two but have been a mom to us too...and you knw you had your hands full when we came to visit you in pdkt or when you dropped in bangalore for the summer holidays we were a handfull remember...you had to think up all sorts of activity to keep the entire lot busy....hahahah

love
    prido.

5. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Hi aquamarine,

How true, children should not be robbed of their innocence. By placing our expectations on their delicate shoulders we deprive them of simple joys.I do play with her sometimes [though I must admit not often as I don't know how to keep her constantly engaged].

My daughter loves all kinds of animals,insects and creatures.She would never harm even a small bug.[ Sometimes she looks different to her classmates]. I too keep telling her to stay away from bugs and bees thinking what everybody will say about her. But a friend told me one day' dont stop her your daughter will become an environmentalist some day'.That is the way my daughter likes to play,exploring insects and dissecting leaves.

So why should I stop my daughter?who knows what she will be some day?
    an environmentalist?

6. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

hi aquamarine,

My message was incomplete. Thanks and cheers
    :cheers

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  7. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Hi aquamarine,

How true, children should not be robbed of their innocence. By placing our expectations on their delicate shoulders we deprive them of simple joys.I do play with her sometimes [though I must admit not often as I don't know how to keep her constantly engaged].

My daughter loves all kinds of animals,insects and creatures.She would never harm even a small bug.[ Sometimes she looks different to her classmates]. I too keep telling her to stay away from bugs and bees thinking what everybody will say about her. But a friend told me one day' dont stop her your daughter will become an environmentalist some day'.That is the way my daughter likes to play,exploring insects and dissecting leaves.

So why should I stop my daughter?who knows what she will be some day?
    an environmentalist?

8. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

HI Meera,

Your daughter must be a real bright little one...i love being around kids who are always curious they make life interesting...yes we need more green people than people who do not care about the planet...who knows she could end up being the person to lead the green brigade for the next generation or could come up with eco friendly products....my love to your little one.

warm wishes,

aqua.

9. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Hi aqua,

Thank you for your wishes....

warm wishes
    meera