DMIS or BPS or DPS?

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by bhuvnidhi, Feb 17, 2009.

1. jaybabu

jaybabu New IL'ite

hai
    i had my daughter(6th std) earlier in dmis but shifted to bps, i find that it was a good decision to move . even the kids valley is good,as my younger daughter is in kg2 now. her spoken lang. also improved a lot after going to bps. dmis is ok up to 5th std. there is no seriousness towars academics.

[
    quote=Priyaalagu;755884]Hi Natpudan,

Thanks for sharing ur exp. My son s 3.5 yrs old now and I was planning to put him n BPS but only next yr. Thx that u gave me a heads up on the school. I fully agree to u the most imp s the personal interaction that too when it come to small kids where they will not be able to explain everything the school will have to take the responsibilty & should be ready to interact with us as & when required. If that basic thing is missing then there s no point. Thanks again.[/quote]

2. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

Hi jaybabu,
    Welcome to IL & congrats on ur 1st post!!!!!!!

Thanks for ur update. Will surely visit DPS to find out.Thx

3. sankarimathan

sankarimathan New IL'ite

hi jaybabu.my daughter is also studying kg-2 'N' in BPS.which section ur daughter is studying?.

thanks

4. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

Hi sankari,

this s priya. how ru. what s ur exp with BPS?

5. sankarimathan

sankarimathan New IL'ite

hi priya,
    iam fine.thank you :) how about u? From my point of view BPS is good.my daughter is really enjoying there.friendly environment.her class teacher is also good.very friendly.no much homework.it's good :thumbsup

cheers
    sankari

6. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

Thanks for you imm response & update Sankri. Stay n touch

7. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

hi priya,

Nice to hear that u are gathering information for your kid about school, i appreciate your efforts and like to say BPS is really good, as my son is studying there for past 2 years.

As our IL friends already replied here, so no replies...:rotfl in your new thread (just kidding) :biglaugh.u can ask questions in this thread so that we can continue... Happy hunting for you.

Would like to know more on your feedback.

revathib

8. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

oops...........revathi i somehow missed this thread.thanks 4 bringing it to my mind.

now ladies pl share ur views on BPS, DMIS, MES ( got to know its gud now a days except 4 the student: teacher ratio). how wuld u rank these or any thing to add if i missed. thx:)

9. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

hey all...............
    just saw gulf times Doha college is issuing applications for Pre school also for yr 7 & 9 & applications to be sumbitted by 17th Jan.

Any views on Doha college ................pl share:)

10. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I have my friend's daughter in Doha college .She is just 8 years old and does not treat her mom and dad well(as per them).

This is my friends opinion:

Just prepare yourself to get used to different kinda behaviour from your kid.We are brought up in a different society wherein we give respect to elders.Beleive me these kids are either confused or will have a don't care attitude.Actually there is nothing wrong in that attitude.But we are not used to it.And they are not as academically good as their Indian Counterparts but have good english and imaginary skills.So it is your choice and you need to get ready for a change too.

The school is expensive compared to the Indian schools too.Anyways if your hubby's company pays for it you should not be worrying about the fees.