1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

DLP vs LCD

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by priyamuthu, Jul 5, 2010.

1. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Do you have any idea about Sony LCD tv or the Mitsubishi DLP rear projection tv, because i want to buy the former one but my dh opts for the latter. the latter one i heard is not good brand. CAN YOU THROW SOME LIGHTS IF YPU HAVE ANY ONE OF THESE?
    Btw, my dh wants to buy the 3D ready one...
    Priya

2. srvaug

srvaug Senior IL'ite

I opt for Sony LCD. 3D is not that useful, since many programs/cables doesnot really use much of it anyway.
    I would recommend Sony LED TV/LCD.

3. socalgal

socalgal New IL'ite

Hi Priyamuthu,

We use LCD and we love the sharpness it is FANTASTIC. it But my brother in law has DLP they do nor complain either.
    LCD is more current technology wise. I kinda agree with u regards to the brand SONY but SAMSUNG works fine too...

From what I understand u guys are not decideing between 2 different brands BUT you are deciding between 2 different technilogies (how the movie is projected). I loved the sharpness of the LCD when we bought our's that is more than 2 years ago. That's when I compared the LCD versus DLP SIDE-BY-SIDE.

Also take a subscription with Consumerreports-DOT-org and read the suggestions/reviews I also check user reviews at AMAZON and EpinionsDOTcom..

Happy Shopping,
    Socalgal