Diy Tricks Which Works Wonders..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Jun 12, 2022.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

1) Baking soda + detergent works amazing on stains.I removed a good oily stain on a lace dress by using the above gently.

2) Orange peels microwave it for two minutes and clean the microwave.Very simple and smells great

4) Distilled vinegar and water on stainless steel appliances and gas stoves.Apply and wait for two minutes.Super easy to clean even the toughest stains.

If you guys have any easy DIY tips kindly share.It will be useful

2. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Soaked onion peels in water, later discard the peels and use the water for plants, works with banana peels too, supposed to be nutritious to plants.

Soak lemon and orange peels in water and vinegar and keep it where you get sunlight, for 2 weeks, later use this for cleaning your surfaces and gas, near sink.

Dry orange peels, powder and use them for face with curd, keeps the skin fresh.

anika987, joylokhi and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Few more diys that works for me are

Soaking white clothes in warm water with lemon juice and cloth detergent for 3 to 4 hours and then wash regularly.

This isn't a diy but time saver, making ginger paste and garlic paste separately and storing in fridge for a week

anika987 likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

1. Sprinkle talcum powder on cotton clothes - not synthetic- the spots where oil spill visible. Then use electric-iron over it . Oil get stuck to powder and u got rid of oil stain.
    2. Label-Stickers comes off easily from the metal & plastic containers and on wrappers of books/cartons when exposed to steam issued out of nozzle of pressure cooker.
    3. Drawstring kept in freezer for a while will turn stiff canbe easily put through in pyjamas petticoats.
    4. With cotton bud gently soaked in a droplet of tepid hot coconut oil applied into ear wax and after a while stubborn wax easily losen out from inner ear. ( not to be tried on infants and toddlers)
    5. Panacea Lemon - its peel contains so many body-friendly useful chemicals frozen and then grated over or and ground in a mixer and use this as sprinkler over suitable foods.
    6. Water can be separated easily from milk by freezing for a while. Remove the ice & you got Dense sweety milk.
    7. If birds trouble at or menace your balconey spoiling plants, tie their suitably half-dozen coloured air-filled baloon . The menace would diminish rapidly.
    8. Water can be saved by reusing in WC as in image below:
    upload_2022-6-12_21-26-19.jpeg

See also posted a while ago FROM my UT COLLECTION
    Japan - An Eldorado

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    anika987, joylokhi, maalti and 2 others like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Space saver in kitchenette

upload_2022-6-13_11-56-49.jpeg

anika987 likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

7. Thyagarajan

Hanging gardens of Babylon

upload_2022-6-13_12-4-14.jpeg

anika987 likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Hair care DIY

anika987 likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Instead cut pieces and leaving it in fridge fir after use, a small hole made into the whole lemon turns easy to squeeze required quantum of juice and leave it in fridge. It will save clumsy handling of seeds.

anika987 and messedup like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

I observed rasam nearing completion in my family friend's home.
    It was simmering and the aroma was wafting through kitchen and then beyond their reception hall.
    I was careful not to bring to my vocal chords my superlative comments at the back of my mind lest better-half at close proximity would grimace.
    But criss-crossing and entering their kitchenette, I observed the lady of the house was adding tiny pieces of Jaggery into that simmering rasam.
    Over it, she scissored the already cleaned and washed greenish coriander leaves and tender stalks and closed container with lid - switched off the burner.
    While enjoying lunch with my friends and spouse, I just made a mental note.
    Next day, I happened to make rasam using the idea observed previous day. Spouse tasted if and said "fantastic". She asked me how I learnt it. I said "of course - from your ma" .