1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Divorce vouchers for warring couples

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Deaf woman, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Today I happened to read a news item in “The hindu”about a UK law firm offering vouchers for legal advise for the unhappy couples. The reason they say is they get more enquiries after Christmas and new year because couple spend that time with each other(which they call it over exposure!!!) and troubles escalate .The next thing they do after starting routine busy lives is consult a law firm to check about divorce options. As a Christmas gift ,the close friends of the couple buy these vouchers and gift them to the couples.
    I was speechless for a few minutes reading all this .i thought relationships are nurtured by constant interaction and closeness.But now people like it better if they spend minimal time with the loved ones or close ones.Is that what closeness is about?I am not saying we have to be in each other’s pockets all the time .But why do we marry ,if not to spend our lives close to each other?

2. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    I suppose this is also another sales for law firm . For some it is mutual understanding to live or not to live together or rather copulate or not copulate . While with our Indian back ground Marriage is sacred and we accord all respect for that.

I suppose the value they carry for marriage is different than ours. They will never understand even if you try to explain the sanctity of marriage and family.

May be when the cycle takes one full rotation , their society will be like ours and ours be like their who knows?

But iam just amused at the sale technique and opportunity.
    Jaya

3. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,

Seems to me the UK law firm's pitch is more towards driving couples towards a divorce, even if they were just contemplating one! Makes a mockery of the marriage vows, doesn't it...

'.I, (name), take you (name),
    to be my lawfully wedded (wife/husband),
    to have and to hold,
    for better or for worse,
    for richer or for poorer,
    in sickness and in health,
    to love and to cherish;
    from this day forward,

until death do us part.... '

Love,
    Padma

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

Strange , i too read this news and i was zapped.Why marry in the first place, if being together stifles u.

Instead of , if death do us apart, it should be, till Divorce do us apart.

REgards

kamal

5. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

What people do do get sales!!!!.. do you think its a marketing gimick... quite sick!!
    K

6. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear Jaya mam,
    Good to see you here.Even i am amused and flabbergasted too at the firm's sales technique.Still it leaves a bad taste in the mouth reading about such things.May be i am too old fashioned to digest this kind of gimmicks
    Regards,

7. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear Padma srinivas,
    You echoed my sentiments exactly . Making a mockery of marriage vows is what they are driving at i feel.Glad to see a likeminded woman here.Thanks for stepping in.

8. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Reading your FB made me laugh out loud .Ya , from now on marriage vows should be "till divorce do us part" .well said.Thanks a lot for visiting.

9. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear feduptocore,
    Firm strongly objects that its no marketing gimmick but instead they are helping people by giving them valuable advise.what an impressive justification of their actions!!!!!!huh.
    Thank you for your FB.