1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

disturbing thoughts

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Cool1, May 7, 2010.

1. Cool1

Cool1 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I have a weird problem. I am 11 weeks pregnent and I have observed that all old incidents keeps coming back to my mind. right from the day one when my SILs said something or my DH misbehaving and other such issues. Its so much that sometimes I get sleepless night.It infuses only anger in me. I really want to get rid of such negativity and be happy for my child's sake. My DH takes care of me and we have moved on in life. My MIL is also sweet and keeps asking about me.But then why suddenly these old memories are coming back and disturbing me. I really dont want to think but at the back of my mind I really cannot forget. Is this because of my pregnency or was this always there.

I have learnt many things in my 2 years of my marriage and handle everyone properly now. Then why all this now. Please suggest...

2. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Dear Cool1
    If every thing is fine now then why are you roaming in the past?
    I can understand that its easy to say than act. But i ve been in your shoes. By thinking about bad old memories you wont get any thing changed in your past. It will remain as such. I also troubled myself and my child in the initial days of preg. but now i ve learnt to ignore. TRY THINKING SOME THING POSITIVE WHEN EVER SUCH A THOUGHT COMES IN YOUR MIND.
    Try to do think abt your LO inside you it will calm you down.
    Anxiety and mood swings are common symptoms of pregnancy so dont worry and try to be in positive frame of mind.
    And take good care of yourself!!

3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

cool1 keep your cool
    it happened to me
    i mean till i was 5months preg i used to feel bad for little things start cyring remember things done by in laws dh everyone feel ditched ah what not
    whenever my BP was raising thinking all this i just used to think about little fellow inside and how it wil be when i hold him 1st time etc and i am back to normal
    needs practise but possible for sure

4. sansmomy

sansmomy Bronze IL'ite

Dear,
    Its probably the pregnancy harmones that is riding your emotions...It happens...When I was pregnant, I had become exactly like this....those days, I used to be awake late nights thinking about some incidents and any extreme pressure at office would bring me in tears (given that I had worked in same or rather more pressure environment for 10 yrs and hence was used to it, still)...After every such break out, I used to wonder how could I get into tears for such things when I have never been of crying types at all throughout my life....

anyways, the good news is, these symptoms faded as I progressed with my pregnancy...I guess, you are still in your first timester (11 weeks) and hence feeling it strong...dont worry, it'll eventually go away...Meanwhile talk to your DH whenver you feel down due to this....I used to do it and DH's support would cheer me up instantly....:)

Take care,
    ~S.

5. Cool1

Cool1 New IL'ite

Hi all..
    Thanks so much for your support. Cant approach my DH since I know his reactions.I am so glad to know that this will pass out in few days. Spending sleepless nights and getting angry is something so common now that I was scared for my child.I feel so relaxed now after reading your responses.Thanks so much. Please pour in if you have anymore suggestions!!!
    Once it was so bad that I was sleepy and suddenly I got so angry that I didnt sleep at all..Now also I am sitting with the laptop because something is coming back to my head..Just thinking about my little one now:)

6. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Hey Cool1, It happenned for me.It was excatly the same.These harmones:rant.I should be thankful to my hubby who was very supportive of me during those days.Don't worry it will pass of.Better read something or listen to some good music which has good lyrics.

Just remember this when you get those thoughts - There is nothing bad which is happening now and it was just the past and your harmones are exaggerating and aggaravating you.There is absolutely nothing happenning now.Your kid is your priority now.

Don't worry , it will go off soon.Try to be with people rather than being alone.

Good luck!