1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Disturbing news

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    did anybody watch the news where it was told that the incident flashed in all the papers and in also in TV.
    this happened in Bihar, where a slim person with no shirts on bound behind, was dragged by a policeman with the victim's leg attached to the motorcycle and another police man beat him up with his belt and kicked several times. this happened in front of the public.
    It is said that those policemen responsible for the crime is being suspended.
    do you think this is the justice done to the victim?
    After watching this on the news, I was not myself and was chilled to the core.
    With these kind of happenings going on around the world, it makes me think-
    Where is the world going, with no humane feelings to the fellow humanbeings?
    Are we only the silent spectators to it?
    With power in hand, can anybody do anything and it is justified?
    This is also one of the eg. to show where, power in wrong hands bringout these horrendous acts.

Sriniketan

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007

2. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Sri,
    Yes, it is really very disturbing. I am shocked! I just wish this to be a dream or any movie shooting (this is too much even for a movie). For a dream like this, I could not have slept atleast for two days. Those two evil heads should have been punished more. I pity that victim :cry: .

3. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

It was really disturbing.I wish some action is taken on the persons who are responsible for the crime.

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I heard yesterday morning on NPR (National Public Radio) - it was shocking. What was worse - they went on to say how police brutality is common and this one attracted a lot of attention due to the coverage by reporters with cameras, etc. Isn't is sad that unless we see it caught on tape, such incidents do not get coverage, whether in India or here. People just standing by and watching acts of brutality on other human beings - what have we come to?

5. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Power corrupts the powerful in their actions and deeds. While on the one side we see a cop being punished because he shook hands with Sanjay Dutt, on the other we see the police and the public beat up a poor man mercilessly and drag him on the streets.:-( Very unfortunate!

6. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sri,
    Yes,Indeed,misplaced power has become a weapon so much so that we are afraid to vote wondering why there isno good candidate!
    Regards,
    Meenu

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi Sriniketan,

Me being a news buff, always surfing the news channels. I saw it on the first flash. thought what is happening to these people...it was horrible. Power in the wrong hands is always dangerous. Not only this.. there was this activist who was thrashed by the lady police in kashmir... that was also caught on camera.... my god..even ladies could be so hard....

8. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

While I am totally against police brutality and I do not in any way condone what happened, I think the victim in the incident was being punished for being a chain snatcher!
    I agree that the punishment was harsh and should not have happened!

9. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

It hurts very much

Having the read the news yesterday and seen the photo also, I was also left very disturbed.

Why is man so cruel to his own fellow human beings?