1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Disposable vv cloth diapers

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sdiva20, Dec 20, 2012.

1. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

With my first baby due in April, I have been chartering into previously unknown territory of baby strollers, baby wearing, diapers etc:drowning . I read a lot about the pros and cons and I am still trying to figure it all out ( also don’t want to know or think about child birth process at this point so trying to keep myself distracted too [​IMG] )

Coming to disposable vs re-usable- I am very much inclined towards cloth as opposed to disposable. Unless travelling or something like that, I really want to minimize disposable diapers. Environmental factors are there but most important is the fact that it is less irritant to a baby’s delicate skin. I found brands that seem to work well- like bum genius, Charlie banana etc.

What are your thoughts? What are most expectant or new others doing/ thinking? Share your ideas.

2. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Cloth! Bummis has one with organic cotton. I found it to be the cheapest option despite having to buy 2 different sets, I loved it.

3. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks confused :) I am planning to try a few brands too to see what works best but have heard great things about bummis

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

5. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

I like mothercare cloth diaper ...I use them in day time for my 14 month old son for night I am using marries diaper