Dishwashers

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by priyanka, Jan 8, 2008.

1. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

Has anyone used a dishwasher?Now a days it is difficult to find good maids.I can manage everything but when it comes to utensils..my sink always has something to clean.
    Is dishwasher useful for us INDIANS?I mean to say,can it be used for steel utensils,cookers or pots?
    I have not seen many people prefer dishwashers.Please give your suggestions.

Thank you
    Priyanka

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Priyanka,

i find the dish washer very handy, especially when i have a lot of guests. Even though i have a maid, when there are a lot of people around, DW really helps, crockery and all the small utensils go in very easily.

If there is space you can put the bigger pots & pans too.

Roopa.

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Initially I too used to feel the same about not using dishwashers.Now I use it for everything and i shud say feel lot more relaxed. You should try it too. Slowly u will know what is the setting for each vessel.

4. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Yes, Dishwasher will anytime be better than maid.
    I use it for all the indian cooking vessles too. The trick is for more oily mark keep the sink with soap water and let utensils soak for few minutes. You will have clean and spotless dishes after wash cycle.

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Go for the dishwasher..

6. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Yes it is really useful. I would not recommend putting non stick vessels in the dishwasher as the coating tends to wear off. other than that all other vessels can be put - even table mats are cleaned well.

7. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

Thank you all...
    My target is to get it this year.Please suggest me some good brands.

Thanks
    Priyanka

8. alivelu

alivelu Senior IL'ite

Hi Roopa,
    Now a days it is very difficult to find a servant maid. If at all we find, we are not satisfied with their work (the way they clean the utensils). I have a doubt, does it really clean milk residue and rice bowl? I am unable to decide whether to buy dishwasher or not. Everybody is pulling me back saying that there is no use in investing on dishwasher. They are telling that everything we have to rinse, scrape and then we have to keep in the DW. Nobody was having DW. I want to know from you. Is it worth in spending on DW? Because we have lot of guests coming frequently. If servant don't come we have to clean everything. It takes lot of time for me. Please let me know your advice. Which company and model you are having? please let me know.
    Thank you very much.
    Bye
    Alivelu

9. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

i love my dishwasher.. i swear by it.. after your done with your plates and utensil, just rinse and load.. so i use it like once or twice a week.. big pots and pans i do by hand or if there is room, i stick it in.. comes out squeeky clean.. :thumbsup

10. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Alivelu,

DW are really handy specially when you frequently have guests or there is maid problem.

Yes you do have to rinse and keep all the vessels in the DW. For that soak the vessels and then use the scrub/brush and clean out all the residue.

As Mythreyi has mentioned don't use it for non-stick vessels. But crockery and all that is easier to handle in DW.​