1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dishes You Love/Hate made by MIL...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by SuganyaJawahar, Jun 29, 2009.

1. SuganyaJawahar

SuganyaJawahar Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    I was just curious to know about the dishes made by MIL.. Which of them you love the most and which of them you hate the most..
    Have you conveyed it to your MIL???

For me,
    I love the Kurmas my MIL make and also any kind of curries is fine for me.. However I like Kurma the most... I've told her about this..
    What I hate is, my MIL puts lots of Tamarind in her Kozhambu's .. which is not done by my Mom, so I am not used to too much of sourness.. So I dont like the Kozhambu's made by her and she knows it..

2. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

hi suganya

Even though I come from different part of the state,I like most of them she makes...but lot of oil which I am not all used to it
    and that irriates me alot.
    Yes I point out regarding her oil concept....I get adjusted when she is with us orlese i do my in own style.She never comments
    or forces me to do similar to her.

regards
    amul.

3. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

My mil makes good gajar halwa. I also like the snack foods she makes.

4. swaram

swaram Senior IL'ite

I like the aloo paratha and snacks that MIL makes. Unfortunately 80% of the snacks she makes when she is visiting us is packed and sent to her daughters, leaving only a sample for me and DH. She will make them the day before she is going to SIL place or before they are visiting us. The minute she makes them she packs off their share.

She knows is don't like cabbage, so everytime I visit them in india or when she is staying at SIL's place - she will make it a point to cook cabbage and then when we sit to eat it is followed by a comment, today I made cabbage, I know you don't like it. That shows how much she loves me!!!

swaram

5. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I like -crunchy vadais made by MIL

Dont like- her veggies an they are soaked in oil and heavily spiced.

6. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

The woman is an AWESOME cook. Much as I hate admitting this, I have to say that I LOVE SIMPLY EVERYTHING - and I do mean EVERYTHING - that she makes! :rotfl

7. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

My in-laws intake totally a different variety of recipes compared to my family's routine...Most of her NV recipes are good..that too my MIl's prawn fry will be too good no doubt (inspite of the oil :crazy)..on the other hand only 2 out of 10 veggie recipes' will be OK... She never explores nor dares to try new recipe in vegetarian item which i dont appreciate...

8. FirSrk

FirSrk Senior IL'ite

My MIL is a good cook no doubt about it. She experiments with new stuff and is health conscious too. Only thing I dont like are her parathas as they r soaked in oil.

9. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I donot remember the name of that dish:oops: It was made of palak,dal,tomato and onion.I love it so much:droolThats is the dish which I like the most.

10. scorpiogal

scorpiogal Senior IL'ite

My MIL is an excellent cook and I like all her dishes .Infact she never discrimanates between son and daughter in law or daughter and she make it point to note what I liked and did have second serving and makes it point to cook that the next time .

But her puliyatharis and thokku are so awesome