Discussion on Job Oppurtunities in Doha!

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by revathib, Nov 7, 2010.

1. bzbee1410

bzbee1410 New IL'ite

Thanks Bhuvnidhi for the cues and hearty congratulations and best wishes to you.
    Yes you are right wrt surprises, I was there in Doha last week for a preview and was indeed surprised. With limited internet access i could not respond and thank you.. !!
    But if I can ask, why are you quiting, dont women get a good maternity leave, or it is difficult for mothers with young babies to work meaning in terms of employer flexibility etc.

2. rosycj

rosycj New IL'ite

Hi bhuvnidhi,

was reading through this thread and wanted to ask you how easy or difficult is it to get in to a company like GBM here. I have been trying for a some time now for a software job but without luck. am into s/w development using C/C++ in the telecom domain.

thanks

3. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

hi all,

there is an opening for accountant post, do contact me...

revathi

4. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

I am having one CV with me Revathy, (accountant looking for an opening in Qatar), was thinking to whom I should handover the CV...U have posted at the right time Revathy!!!! Will pass the CV to you shortly.

5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

My apologies,bzbee! Was busy with LO and not able to access as frequently as before.I get only 50 days of maternity leave and I felt it is way less.You should take 35 calendar days after delivery and if I decide to quit after 35 days,I need to serve for a mnth(notice period).I did not want to come back to work leaving such a small baby anyways.Hence I quit the job just before my delivery.

6. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Rosy, Gbm is selling hardware and software (including services) here and Do not have software development.Mannai ,banks have software development dept.You can try your luck there.

7. rvlakshmi

rvlakshmi Silver IL'ite

Dear All,
    Am looking for a teaching job in Doha, please share the details of all kind which is useful to get the job, which will be useful for a needy like me, kindly guide me, am in chennai, tamilnadu, INDIA.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  8. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lakshmi,

Are you looking for teaching job in schools? If it is so, then they need a B.Ed compulsorily. And also you need to have enough experience. Do you have previous teaching experience? Then, it may help you.

9. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

IL's.

I'm badly looking for a job , which has a short working hour - currently i m very happy with my job but the long hours is not suitable especially since i have a little one ! :( and i feel its not right to ask the company to compromise on this , they have helped me a lot on other leaves !

10. amoarsh

amoarsh Bronze IL'ite

Hi ils,
    Iam looking for a part time or work from home job in Doha. Iam well versed in typing and computer basics like, word, excel and PowerPoint. Can correspond freely.
    Pls if anybody comes across of such jobs do inform me.
    Thanks