Discussion on Job Oppurtunities in Doha!

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by revathib, Nov 7, 2010.

1. anishakuruvilla

anishakuruvilla Senior IL'ite

I so agree. All the best for your career :)

2. anishakuruvilla

Thats nice Anam. I am enjoying M.E.S

3. deepasahana

deepasahana Bronze IL'ite

hi anisha

glad to know that u r a teacher...hearty congrats

regards
    deepa

4. anishakuruvilla

5. Anamtvm

Anamtvm Silver IL'ite

Hi Aparna!

If you are interested in research in your field, You can check with QNRF website, look for the projects that have been funded already,and if theres something that interests you, you can get in touch with the PI

GoodLuck!

6. rvlakshmi

rvlakshmi Silver IL'ite

Dear Anisha,

Am Lakshmi from chennai, please share me about MES, doha qatar, am going to attend the interview of school by next week. Am a widow with a daughter, am having around 11 yrs experience as a teacher pls help me.

7. prss

prss Gold IL'ite

Dear All,

There is an urgent opening for a Marketing person, who has experience. If anybody is interested, please get in touch with me and I shall give you full information.

8. bzbee1410

bzbee1410 New IL'ite

A big Hello to everyone !!

This is my first post on this forum , and it feels wonderful to see such an active forum of Indian ladies in Qatar.
    We are moving to Doha from Amsterdam in April this year. I have 2 kids aged 3 and 9mnths. I have been looking out for IT jobs since a month on various sites, however the efforts have been in vain so far. I chanced upon this forum a couple of days back and realized that many others have been thru a similar exercise.
    Would really appreciate if you can give some leads or the chances of finding a job in Doha.
    I have 12 yrs of exp in IT, primarily in management roles across India, US and the Netherlands. I was deputed by TCS to these locations. My specialities are CRM /Mainframes in banking and insurance domains.
    Would appreciate your views and comments on me finding a suitable job in Doha, since I am afraid a women & manager might not be an acceptable combination there.
    hello Bhuvnidhi, I read your post and ur exp seems pretty close to mine. Would really appreciate if you can share your experience should you read this post.

Thanks people, awaiting your responses.

9. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Hello Bzbee, welcome to "Indians in Qatar" Forum.

So you are moving to Qatar from Amsterdam this April.Be prepared for big surprises when it comes to work here.Yes, even I have a similar exp like you.12+ years of IT exp in management role and in TCS.I had to struggle to get a PM(just a PM :-( role) role here but there are people who are lucky to get higher roles without much struggle and not so qualified like you.It is not that a woman manager is not acceptable.It purely depends on your luck and the kind of influence you have here.But Indians are preferred for technical, analyst kind of roles.It is always better to brush our technical skills too as we would not know where we will end up here.Good luck for your job search!

NOTE : BTW, I just resigned my job from IBM as I am nearing my delivery date.Will be back to pavilion soon hopefully.There are few major projects opening up soon in Qatar like Qatar Railways , New Doha International Airport (future phases) which might create a lot of openings.

10. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ilites,

Here are my details:

Qualifications: B.E. (Electrical & Electronics), ME (Power Systems)

Additional Qualifications:
    SAP certification in Netweaver ABAP

Experience: 5 years in SAP ABAP with experience in Webdynpro, MDM, BOBJ DS and eCATT. Worked as a Technical lead consultant.

Interests & Hobbies: Books are my best friends. Love reading all sort of books. Interested in Interior decor. and surfing. Love shopping too..

Preferred Timing: Prefer to work in 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM and 5 days a week, work schedule

Type of job preferred: Full time, Part time, At Home jobs.

Other Characteristics: Good team player. Open to learn new things and respect others views.

Best Regards,
    Sharmila