1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion on H1B/H4 Stamping in Other Countries!!

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by bharthi, Jan 21, 2007.

1. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Re: What are the various methods to renew visa(H1/H4) without going to India?

Hi,
    Krithika has given you a lot of info . My husband and I had our visas stamped in Ottawa in Dec 2008. We drove to Ottawa from Boston.
    If you dont want to go to India for stamping, the best way is either to go to Canada or Mexico. If you have all the documents ready the process is very simple. Good luck

Regards
    Shobana

2. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Just to add one more point, they no longer accept documents or do stamping in St.Louis .You have to go out of the USA to get your stamping done.

3. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi chocolate,
    Thank you for the information.

4. SupriyaDinesh

Hi krithika,
    Before starting this thread i went through all threads.I read your reply too.But none of the thread starter had posted their expereince.Thank you for a detailed reply.Looks like the option is limited.Going to Canada is the best way.Generally who bears the cost we or the employer?

5. SupriyaDinesh

Thank you eagle for you information.