Discussion :Admissions in schools for 2010-11 (check message #5 please)

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by kasramadimri, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. su.rekha

su.rekha New IL'ite

Sorry viji I lost my mobile today morning.so I forgot to come online in that mood.which classes your kids?

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Sorry wrong post.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  3. vijikathir

vijikathir Senior IL'ite

Sorry to hear that. I know how much you worried. Hope you will find it. Me too forgot to come online. My kids will be in 2nd std and ukg. We will set some other time. tc. bye.

4. kapuchu

kapuchu New IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

We have plans to return to chennai in Dec 2010.My son will be in 2nd grade.So it seems that no way he can join in any school then or what are the other options for him to complete 2nd grade in Chennai.

Thanks
    kapuchu

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Kapuchu,

all the best for your r2i. most schools hesitate to give admission that late. but I will say, just try it. being only in 2nd standard, it could work out. do check out if your people are familiar with any school/teacher, who could put a word for your son. you can start applications for the school that you desire later.

in the meanwhile, download the books from the ncert.nic,cross check with your syllabus there and if there is something extra, do work with your son, so that you can tell the school, that your kiddo is prepared and is upto date.

6. kapuchu

kapuchu New IL'ite

Dear Shanvy
    Thankyou so much.Actually the problem would be with the language Hindi which I prefer to choose. This summer I think I will work with the letters and get it started.

Thanks again
    kapuchu

7. kicha

kicha New IL'ite

Dear Shanthi and forum members,

We are relocating to Chennai in June 2010, I am finding very hard to get admission for my children who will be going to 5th and 3rd grade.

All the schools that I am talking to have closed admissions for the upcoming academic year.

Any suggestions if there are any schools in (preferably Nungambakkam area) but I am willing to move around chennai, will be approachable and open for securing admission for the year 2010 ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Krish

8. su.rekha

su.rekha New IL'ite

Hi krish,
    As of I know admission open in the ashram school guindy campus.If you were not able to get that side.I can suggest you some schools in omr side.sishya is very good school.you go to adyar sishya and register for your kid in omr branch just for backup.if they have vacancy they will call your kids for interview.this is not faraway in omr.just next to perungudi.as of my suggestion try all schools near your area but register in sishya.and at end if you don't get any including sishya try the ashram at June month you can get seat there.

9. kicha

kicha New IL'ite

Thanks ! Do you guys have any feedback about Sherwood Hall and their fees structure?

10. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Can anyone discuss about 'Rishi Valley' (The School). I heard about this school long back but dont know much about it. I saw thier website and got info on fee, admission etc.,
    But would like to know about the personal experience of parents on choosing that school. I heard the children are well disciplined and learns humanity at an early age.
    Would be glad to know more.......
    Cheers,:cheers
    Devi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.