Discussion :Admissions in schools for 2010-11 (check message #5 please)

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by kasramadimri, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kasramadimri

kasramadimri New IL'ite

LKG Admission 2009-2010 - More than 1 school

Hello

I came back from US recently. I tried to get application for my son for LKG and most of the school either declined to provide or provided with a clause that we will be considered only if a seat falls vacant. I am trying to find out from this post all such people who have got admission in more than 1 good school and which one will they forsake? If you can let us know, we will concentrate on those schools alone. Appreciate your quick replies. Thanks

2. aarthivetri

aarthivetri New IL'ite

Discussion :Admissions in schools for 2010-11 (check message #4 please)

Hello Friends,
    I am currently living in Stamford,Connecticut. My daughter is 3 years now. I am planning to go home to Chennai for my daughter's schooling.Will I be able to get admission mid-year for pre -KG / should i seek admission for LKG next academic year 2010?Please can anyone help me out to know the admission procedure in PSBB/Chettinad Vidyashram/DAV? I can look for residence according to the school. Thanks in advance Buddies!!!:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
  3. Tulir

Tulir New IL'ite

Re: Admission in PSBB/Chettinad Vidyashram/DAV

Hi,

My daughter studies in Chettinad, Pre-KG. Last year, around November they gave the application form and she had her admission process in Feb.

Age Limit is 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 as on June 1st - PreKG

So, I guess you would be able to put your kid in LKG next year for which u need to get the application around November this year. If you are very keen about this school get the application on 1st few days and submit it as early as possible.

Regd, PSBB also similar process and age limit. For chettinad, anyone can get the application but PSBB only parents are eligible to get the applicationa with original birth certificate and interview process is also tough there.

I guess DAV does not have Pre-KG and for LKG, 3 yrs is the age limit.

Please let me, if you need any other details.

-Gaayu

4. lali

lali New IL'ite

PSBB Admission & DAV question

For PSBB admission like kknagar/TNagar should the home address be with in 5 kms or does not matter ?

Does any one know the list of DAV schools available. I know one in Gopalapuram and Annanagar.

Please can anyone list the DAV branch of schools and the board of eduacation they teach like matriculation/CBSE ?

5. RadhaG

RadhaG Senior IL'ite

Re: Navadisha admission procedure

This year their first class X batch is passing out...they follow ICSE, why dont you call them up and send an email, they are pretty quick in replying...good luck...

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Discussion :Admissions in schools for 2010-11

Dear friends,

Please consolidate all your discussions pertaining to schools for the admission in 2010-11 in this thread.

and also go through this thread for useful links on discussion of various details pertaining to school.

Inspite of all the efforts from our side, if we find discussions and new threads for existing threads, we will be bound to move them or delete them. please do help us in helping each other better..

7. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Is Original Birth Certificate required for getting an Application?

Hello,

I would like to know whether original birth certificate is required at the time of application or at the time of submitting the application.When do the schools ask for originalbirth certificate?

Shanvy/Moderators,

I was not sure where to post in existing discussion, so i posted a seperate thread.

8. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Re: Is Original Birth Certificate required for getting an Application?

Hi manjulats,

Original Birth Certificate is asked in many schools while issuing application form itself. I was made to go and get the original when i went with the xerox copy by one of the schools in Chennai last year. so it is better to have it in original while going for application form itself.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Is Original Birth Certificate required for getting an Application?

manjulats,

these days, the schools want to check the original birth certificate.

10. limamart

limamart New IL'ite

Hi
    Iam now in UK iam planning to get admission for my son in DAV school velachery,do anyone know when will they give application form for (2010-2011)UKG and pre kg( for my younger son ) and when will be the interview....pls help .....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.