Discuss woodwork and modular kitchen

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Discuss :- Modular Kitchens

lakari,
    you are from nanganallur. the kitchen is spacious yaar. independent house or flat. you brought the the whole house recently or just renovated.

good break up. but how much did the whole thing set you back by??

2. lakari

lakari New IL'ite

Shanvy,
    Its a flat in pallavaram Jain Green Acres . Its a pent house around 250 sqft open terrace in the front. we bought it as new one only before the completion we moved to UK.

My kitchen is very spacious, in the opposite of the medai we did the wood work too. To keep MW, tabletop grinder and gas oven and kettle etc. Total cost around approximately 4L which includes big shelf which is for storing groceries , two bedrooms wardrobe,crockery and wood work below the washbasin

Cheers
    Lakshmi

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Lakari,

Green acres, heard there were sewage problems has it been rectified.

how is the finish of the whole project, are you happy.

IT is a good deal.4lacs for the whole thing. i could see the black granite finish and thought it was for microwave. it looks good.

since you mentioned nanganallur, i thought you are from here. so are you going to rent it or your family here is going to occupy.

4. lakari

lakari New IL'ite

yeah there is a problem in sewage, they are going to increase the capacity of te STP. We are unhappy about the doors , windows and the french doors, its not properly measured for the each flat .Finishing in the doors is not good. Jains delayed so much in hand over of the flats.

But the flats is very spacious and the planning is also good, there is a reasonable space between the two flats main doors. we dont feel that we are living in flats and also some good space between the 2 blocks.

We just rent it out from oct2009

Flat owners formed an Association -JGAFOA
    You might have heard about JGA SANGAMAM it was held jan 24 . Its was a megahit, tere are lot of stalls, games, dances, rangoli competition , fancy dress compettion for kids and buffet. Everyone over there enjoyed but we missed .

In nanganallur we dont know the hardware name we got the chimney and hob comparitively cheaper and deliverd it free of cost. So that i mentioned nanganallur

cheers,
    lakshmi

5. kanmani

kanmani Junior IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Just want some info from those especially who have dealt with Cookscape - Cindhuja, Bhooma and others.

We received quote from Cookscape for wood work of our entire flat - modular kitchen, crockery unit in dining area, wardrobes in 2 bedrooms, computer table & lofts, pooja unit and accessories for kitchen like trays, plate tracks, oil pullout, dish wash rack, etc.

The quote originally looked very expensive and later we were able to negotiate to a close to reasonable price.

Like Cindhuja mentioned their quality and work finish in the models we saw looks good and there's no hassle of buying or running around for materials.

Now I need opinions on the following:
    - how good are they on sticking to timeline for delivery?
    - did you pay full amount even before getting the work delivered and completed at your site?

The 2nd term is a little concerning for us. What if we pay the entire amount and they keep delaying to complete? It's hard for us to follow-up or be behind them (given that we are living here in US and it's only my FIL co-ordinating with them from Chennai).

Please advise.

Dear Shanvy or others,

Have you heard of Anushca Enterprise - Modular interiors? These guys are situated in Neelankarai. Here's their official site - www.anushca.co.in

They had a competitive pricing with respect to Cookscape. But all said and done Cookscape seem to have better reputation in terms of quality.

Your response is appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
    Kanmani

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Kanmani,
    I have heard of delays with cookscapes.

i have no idea about anuschca. there are lot of these interiors people doing the rounds in chennai. budget, modfurn, godrej and others.

personally, i used a known person (I can't call him a simple carpenter, as he does a lot of things other than that..) to do my flat when i r2i and will be using him only if i decide to have the woodwork done again. this gives me more flexibility. and maintenance i can always call him to do any of the repairs that may arise.

7. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

Ur kitchen is pretty Gud. R u used carpenter or private agency for it? How much d cost of the wood? where did u bought it? If u used carpenter , how much he charges per Sft? How many days he taken to finish?

Bcz, v r constructing a flat. v confused in modular kitchen reg. private agency or carpenter? I hope u replied me Detaily ASAP...
    :drowning

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

oviya,

lakshmi has given the break up in one of her posts below the kitchen pictures. i have asked her to give the break.

she used a carpenter.

9. janu19

janu19 New IL'ite

Hi There,

Has anybody got any idea about Fuzion Home Studio

They claim they don't use wood & therefore their kitchen is totally water proof & termite free.

I got a chance to visit their show room too. They told me they use Poly Panels. They don't seem to use any carcass. All the drawer system & accessories are supported by a metal framework which means you can see the walls & floors when you open the shutter or pull outs. As for the looks, it really looked great even quality wise. The small L shaped kitchen, which they had in display, they said will cost around 1.2 lakhs. I'm not able to judge the reasonableness of the pricing as I don't find any other competitor using poly panels.

I was in particular looking for a wood free solution for my kitchen & landed with this provider. It would be of great help if anyone who knows abt these matters advice me appropriately.

Thanks,
    Janu

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2010
  10. usha2503

usha2503 New IL'ite

Re: Modular Kitchen Cabinet

Re: Interior designers in chennai

We need to do the interiors of our brand new flat in Besant Nagar. I am looking for an interior designer who give me lots of storage space but at the same time make the flat look spacious. Need to do the kitchen also. What I am looking at is aesthestics. can anyone help with the name of interior designers who would deliver on schedule and on his promises.

1 person likes this.