Discuss woodwork and modular kitchen

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. gayathriarvind

gayathriarvind New IL'ite

Re: Modular Kitchen Cabinet

hello friend
    wht u said was true

now wht do u say v shud go for
    mdf or rubber wood or teak wood

i surely want to go for modular kitchen. plz let me knw fast

2. AAAA

AAAA New IL'ite

Awesome kitchen. How much did it cost to put up all the tiles and fix the cabinets. We are building a house in Maraimalai Nagar. Info would help choose the type of kitchen. thanx!

3. ashwini999

ashwini999 Senior IL'ite

hi cindhuja
    u got a awesome kitchen..
    we want to furnish our kitchen also and decided to go for cookscape,anna nagar..
    moreover, our kitchen is not as big as yours...and it will be half the size than yours..
    so my budget is 2 lakhs...will that work with cookscape...just getting a rough estimate..
    please also suggest me what are the things to look/ask for,while buying/selecting a kitchen from cookscape..

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi,

It costed nearly 3 lakhs for our kitchen..including all raw materials, wages and rest..So i guess you can work out with 2 lakhs for the kitchen size you had mentioned...But the price i had quoted is nearly 1.5 yrs back..Cookscape is bit expensive i agree but the finishing is too good..Worth the cost..Those days we had very less options..Now there are too many competitors..So compare and sort out the best..Wish you all the best :thumbsup

5. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Things to remember:-

1. Chimney and Hood - Select the best but not the attractive piece..Some may lok cute but maintaining them is hell like job...so consider the maintenance aspect too

2. Think twice before selecting teh base material for sink...Coz some may become dull after some time...See to that they are spacious enough..Better opt twin sink..That is one with drainer and other one for just keeping the un-cleaned vessels

3. Don't opt for stoves which have more than 4 burners..We will not use that many in day-to-day life...In-fact 3 is more than enough

4.Have many pull-outs rathar than ordinary drawers..That too in the lower deck prefer pull-outs..

Will get back if something else strikes

6. ashwini999

ashwini999 Senior IL'ite

thanks cinduja for kind enough to write a detailed reply..
    please clarify the below

when you say pull outs not drawers -what does it actually mean
    what material do you have for your sink base - and whats your opinion on that material now...

currently,after going through their website, i have selected the design TRADITIONAL with teak wood....is that a good one ,please suggest...

7. geet999

geet999 New IL'ite

hi cindhuja
    does yours have the provision to keep microwave in the middle of the cabinet
    like we used to have here in US...
    also, does yours have dish washer in it....?

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi ashwini,

By pull-outs i meant : CooksCape

"Traditional" model is good but the wood color didn't match nor sync withour wall paint so we opted "Classic"...

Itz your choice...All are good in cookscape..

Regarding sinks - we opted for stainless steel..But needs complete maintenance ..Whereas if you choose stone itself as the base-material need not worry about cleaning and all..But i guess it is costly and the water movement and flow should bechecked thoroughly while installing

9. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Why not Geet..We can have the microwave isntalled as we have in US...since our's is a basic model(very small)..We didnt require that option..we have placed it in a corner

Dishwasher consumes more water..So we don't encourage those kind of equipments..But our relative has it ..Itz working fine too..

10. geet999

geet999 New IL'ite

hi cindhuja
    i spoke to them and they are giving me the option of rubberwood with teakwood finish for
    traditional...is that a good choice?....i thought i could go for full teak wood, but they suggest it will be too thick..
    whats your thought..
    also,am going for twink sink...will they give us a provision to keep the grinder in one of the sink,like we used to have here, that pulls any material that get stuck in the sink flow..