discuss projects around velachery, perungudi, pallikaranai

Discussion in 'Housing' started by pingpong, Jul 14, 2010.

1. pingpong

pingpong Senior IL'ite

Hello friends,

Is there anyone from IL who has purchased Chettinad Enclave in Pallikaranai. They seem to quote around 1.25 C for Premium villas. Any idea about the location? When I called them, they specified the location to be behind Balaji Dental College. Is it worth to invest 1.25 C in this place? Please provide your thoughts. Also wanted to know about the quality of their construction.

How much is the rental that I can expect in villas with a buitup of 2000 sqft in and around this area? How near is this to OMR?

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2010

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Re: Chettinad Enclave in Pallikaranai

Hi,

We took possession of our classic type villa in this enclave last year.

We bought this property against choosing to buy an apartment because 1. apartments in city are way too expensive 2. the ground and ofcourse having a house instead of flat:)

I can't say much on the pricing but over all we're pleased with the construction.

the only negative as of now is that this area will take atleast 5-6 years to develop. we've been looking high and low for over a year to rent this place out but all in vain. the neighbours around our house are all owners. so may be it's a good choice if you will occupy from day one. else you'll have to bear the stress of finding a tenant.

i recently found that a friend of mine has been living in chettinad enclave close to 2.5 years and she's quite pleased. but again they own the house. if you're looking at buying this property as a source of rental income may be not a good choice:)

update after checking with DH:) - he says about 50% of the houses there are rented out. may be it's plainly our bad luck:( i hope some other member shares his/her experience for a better perspective.

Latha

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  3. pingpong

pingpong Senior IL'ite

Hello Latha,

Thanks a lot for the update!! We are planning to buy our house there to rent it out. At this point of time, we are planning that as an investment. Any idea what would be rent there for premium type villas?

Based on your comments, I am really worried whether its a good deal to buy our villas there as it would be a dead investment if we cannot rent out the villas.

Did the builder hand over the villas to you on time? How good is the construction quality. Can you please PM me your friend's contact details (If you and your friend dont mind) so that I can contact her to seek further information. That would be of great help.

Thanks in advance!!

4. pingpong

pingpong Senior IL'ite

Hello friend,

Is there a way you can share further info on rent amount and is there any improvement on renting out those villas.

I am asking my parents to go and look at those villas this month end. I would greatly appreciate if you can give further inputs or any related contact numbers (of you or your friend staying there) so that I can get first hand information before I ask them to go there.

I understand that there is a lake near this development. Does this affect during rainy seasons?

Thanks!!

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi PP,

sorry for the delay. since my husband did all the research i wanted to reply you only after checking with him. Since you do not have PM subscription, sadly, i cannot mail you any details.

okay the rental, what we assume, cannot be more than 18K to 20K. We do get enquiries from bachelors but we prefer family. may be that's one reason we've this long waiting period.

I got in touch with my friend from college days via FB. So getting details from her also takes time. As far as i know there isn't any such mosquito issues. we were there early this year too.

if you have any questions do shoot it here. DH was travelling but now he's back. so you can expect prompt replies:)

Latha

6. pingpong

pingpong Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your response Traveller!!

Can you please tell me what is that I need to do to become a PM Member in Indusladies, so that we can share information. I know that I need to pay a $10 yearly fee. But not sure how. I checked couple of links in Indusladies home page...but no clue of how do I become a PM Member.

Thanks!!

7. pingpong

pingpong Senior IL'ite

Hello Latha,

Just figured out that I need to cross 50 posts to get PM privilege. Are you ok with communicating through FB? I would love to have a detailed discussion with you before I zero in on the property.

Hope you understand the reason behind my eagerness :)

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

9. pingpong

pingpong Senior IL'ite

Ping pong,

There is no short cut. please do get a yourself a PM facility. with paid facility there is no restriction on the 50 messages or anything.

sorry but as a mod i had to delete all the details of fb.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2010
  10. pingpong

pingpong Senior IL'ite

Hi Latha,

I have paid $10 and requested for PM Access. Will message you as soon as I get the PM access. How do I make sure that I have received the PM access?

Thanks.