Discuss areas and projects - Ambattur and suburbs

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Mallie, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Hi

I would like to know about Ambattur. How is it. Is it worth buying a property there ? How far is it from T Nagar, Nungambakkam etc.We found a builder who has proposed to build a house for about 40 lacs in a 2 cent (1000 sq.ft) land. He has told that it is a 2 storeyed building with 3 bedrooms. The construction company is Nivedha constructions and the proposed plot is behind Dunlop factory. Any idea about that location and the developer.

We have not personally seen that plot but if finalised then we will be going to India to have a look.

I would really welcome any valuable comments regarding this as I am in a big dilemma.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2010

2. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Re: Ambattur for property buying ?

Friends , any help ????

3. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi malli,

s now ambattur is booming. it is worth buying in ambattur , as HCL company has moved all of its office to amb estate there is a heavy demand. it will take 1.15 to 1.30 min to go to T.nagar ofcourse depends on the traffic (as now a days it is too bad in ambattur). to nungambakkam it will take 50 min to 1 hr. depends on the traffic. where ever there is a boom in the real estate it is always safe to double check documents before u really go for it ask someone who is close to u to go in person to have a look .am not discouraging u. just to keep u safe.

4. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Thank you very much shree. Yeah I guess we have to be extra careful regarding the documentation. Do you have any idea what are the steps to be taken while checking on the genunity of the property.

5. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

am not very sure but i know about few things,

there should be patta on someones name, to prove that it is not a porambokku land (unclaimed land). check the survey number of the plot wheather it is approved by chennai corporation or the municipality. i think now a days if u check the govt offices which deals with the approval of the land of the area what u r looking they tell u if the land has any problem.

all the best.

6. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Thank you Shree for dropping in your suggestions.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

mallie,
    ambattur is now in chennai corporation. the roads and the infrastructure is also improving.

with the prince it park coming up, there is lot of scope for development.
    right now expect every x,y,z to increase the prices saying the same.

do you mean the ayapakkam area behind dunlop...
    but i still feel 40 lacs is on the higher side for the area.
    recent ad in a local paper for a 2000sq.t of land in the area was at 28lacs. even if we assume the 1000sq.ft at 15 lacs, and another 1200x1500sq.ft of construction will be around 18lacs. so even if you consider eb and other things not more than 35lacs (the maximum..)

this builder is a small time player. on a 2 cents is it a in a gated community he is talking about, or a separate entity 1+1 duplex houses are now very common in chennai. a hall/dining/kitchen and 1 bedroom in the gf and 2 bedrooms and/or a living area in the ff.

rgarding things to be checked while buying check out
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/housing/34094-buying-property.html

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I stay in Ambattur for the past 22 years. It was a remote area when I came and now it has become very crowded.
    You are talking about Ayappakkam, the area behind Dunlop. Velammal Group has a CBSE school in that area and so that area is also becoming very active and soon the prices may go up. New roads would come in no time. As of now, the traffic is heavy and the roads are narrow. So it takes a lot of time to reach the city. Water will not be a problem, that I can assure you. And with the new inner ring road connecting the two ends of Chennai, the prices would definitely go up.
    But a 1000 sq.ft house in 2 cents, will it be possible? My sister built a house with 3 bedrooms in 3 cents in Kerala which she later sold. They had car park also in the compound.
    Nowadays, the govt. is bringing in technology in the registration matters. If you have the patta number, you could check it online also, that is what I read in a daily. Let me find out and I shall come back. I will ask someone about the price and let you know too.

9. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanthi

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. You have already gave a suggestion about the Hiranandani palace gardens is far away (in the current sq.ft thread). Yes we heard about that also from other sources and we are looking into this project now.

You are right that the plot is in Ayapakkam. The main problem is that both my parents and in laws don't stay there and it is only few friends who are helping us in this regard. Read your article about property buying. Thanks a lot for that. I have saved it for future refrence.

Varloo...Thanks in for your reply. Yeah it will be of much help if you could provide more details and that is really very nice of you. You have said your sister sold the house. Is it because it was too small....

Its a duplex house. He has proposed a hall , bedroom, bath and kitchen in the GF and 2 bed, study, balcony in the first floor. It also comes with a carpark. So totally it comes about 1600 sq ft of construction and it has a separate compound.

10. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi mallie,

if u can send me the schedule paragragh of your sale deed i may be of some use to u.
    otherwise let me know where exactly does this plot come and any landmark.when i spoke with my dad he was mentioning both good and bad ones r around dunlop. all the best.