discuss area and projeccts - medavakkam

Discussion in 'Housing' started by gayatri.kartik, Dec 6, 2007.

1. ChrisColin

ChrisColin Junior IL'ite

Re: Buying a house in Medavakkam

Hi all,

I am staying in medavakkam, veerabhatra Nagar. It is very nice place to stay. I bought this house 2 yrs back. Bus frequency and share auto / Auto facilities are available. Moreover, just 3 km from the IT coridar road ( OMR). I am working in CTS. So office also very near to me. Overall it is nice and clam place to stay.

2. parentvael's

parentvael's New IL'ite

Hi Renuka,

We also bought aflat in medavakkam. Will be getting it end of July. That's how they calculate space. Our flat is upposed to be 1750 but actually one balcony is 300ft!! so there! What a waste. Size is comfy though. We are in BHEL Colony. Quite peaceful.

I am surprised though. With rading these threads from 2007 feb, we paid 3400 per sqft, so not much appreciation! Sad as this was an investment for us.

Oh well.

Do you know anyone who ants to rent in that area?

[quote=fd98393;318098]Hi all,

Can any of you tell how it is to stay in Medavakkam....I am actually looking forward to buy a flat in Medavakkam and stay there with my parents. It is some 1 km from Medavakkam Market. Is the area good to live in...any idea?
    The sqft rate builder is telling is 2850....but flat sqft is given as 1490...when we actually calculated it was only 1030sqft..he is telling he is including open area...Is it how all builders will do? please let me know if any of you know...

Thanks...

-Renuka[/quote]

3. parentvael's

parentvael's New IL'ite

Hi,
    It's so good to read your note. I was a bit skeptical about investign in Medavakkam. WE bought a flat in BHEL's Colony, which we receive at July end.

One thing which sold me is that it is so peaceful and windy there!! We currently live in Velachery and it is such a rat race there!

Thanks again.

DO let em know if anyone wants to rent a flat in that area, cuz we will be letting/leasing it out.

Ciao!

4. mynote

mynote New IL'ite

Hello all,
    This is my first post :)
    We are planning to buy in Medavakkam/Perumbakkam area. I am not familiar with the area. Couple of places mentioned is called Radha Nagar, Krishna Nagar. If anyone is familiar with the place please let me know your thoughts, prevailing ground rate and flat rate. Any information on the area is very helpful. I am planning to be in Chennai next month ...so need to do some home work.

Thanks
    Geetha

5. Aryana

Aryana New IL'ite

Hi
    We are planning to buy a house in medavakkam near sowmya bhavan. I have travelled by Velacherry-Tambaram Rd several times but have no idea abt living there.my main concern is flooding problems after rains since the area is very close to pallikarinai and has medavakkam lake close by too.can anyone kindly share your experience during the rains recently.

What do you think the approximate sq ft prices are?

Thanks

6. priyaSR

priyaSR New IL'ite

Hi Anuradha,
    I am interested in Naveen Brooke field, as you said most of the flats are booked and was left with much less choice. I went to see the flats 2 weeks before the space utilization was satisfying except for Kitchen area.They quoted 3500 per sq ft.
    My concern is the pallavaram thoraipakkam road is not yet complete and the work is very slow. Any idea about the reason behind this.
    There is also a small channel like near to Brooke field, I`m afraid if water from there will flood during Rainy season. if you could give an insight it will be great.

7. priyaSR

priyaSR New IL'ite

The construction materials used in Hollow blocks is it safe in long run??

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

The pallavaram thoraipakkam road will go slow but is going on . it is almost 2 years, now, looks like you have to wait for some more time. the other road, medavakkam main road that links gst into medavakkam, through adambakkam,madipakkam is also a sorry state of affairs, with small plots being widened and then that is chennai.

I have been through brookefield..the canal you are discussing here, is in the back side ?? because it has small houses on both the side and the front is the road that is being widened

3500 is still a little high. but that is a place which is very near to kamakoti on this side, Ponvidhshram through the bylane near the kovilambakkam and the most important water is abundant in that area for the time being...and it is developing fast too..

9. jeera

jeera New IL'ite

Reading this post I see resale flats in Mahindra City are selling at the same rate of 3500 Rs/Sq.ft.

So what's the difference in buying at Medvakkam or Mahindra City(for investment purposes). Are there good schools near Medvakkam? What will be the rent in Medvakkam for a 3-bed/2-bath flat? Which will appreciate or hold-up its price better?

-jeera

10. vidhya1984

vidhya1984 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for the thumbs up on Medavakkam... I have been scouting the past 2 months for a good apartment building in this area... Can you please let me know how good Gayathri Nagar and Vignarajapuram are, in terms of roads and accessibility. My hubby works in Accenture. Any other good builders in this area you can recommend?

Thanks a lot,

Vidhya