Discovery centre Sharjah

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Sharjah' started by anumdas, May 14, 2008.

1. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Anu,

We had been to the Arabian Wildlife Centre on saturday... Its a lovely place but its tooooo far.. we were driving for more than an hour though there wasnt any traffic..

The children's farm was very cute... anish had a lovely time feeding the domestic animals.. kids in Dubai dont get this experience, u see..

The wildlife centre is also well maintained.. In the Cheetah and Leapord enclosure, i noticed that the wild ones are freely roaming and the deers and the gazelles are right behind them.. I was wondering how the cheetah is not hunting the deer and I enquired at the counter and they said that there are electric wires and a huge canyon between them but we dont get to see it and so we get a feeling that they are close-by.. that was a good sight..

thanks soo much for your information which helped me visit that place.. So, what else is happening with you??

Cheers!
    Sylvia

2. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

Hi Sylvia
    Great to hear that you had a nice time on your visit. Actually I stay in National Paints area in Sharjah, so it was near to me. But I know, it was really worth, I felt. I now want to go and see the Dolphinarium. But its quite expensive as I heard. Waiting to catch up something new.
    Regards
    Anu

3. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey anu,

The Dolphin show is quite expensive.. we paid dhs 280 for myself, Ram and Anish.. But if you check the internet, they have special rates on mondays.. you might get a good deal.. my friend bought tickets for herself, husband and two kids for just 100dhs.. good luck!

Cheers!
    Sylvia

4. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

Thanks Sylvia.
    That info was very good. Let me see the deal for Monday.
    Regards
    Anu