Discounts, sales in March, April 2010

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Rupsats, Mar 17, 2010.

1. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hey,

Pogalame! Atleast a virtual meet up as Viji suggests! Viji, I know of a shop that sells garden sarees all thro the year on a semi discount. Will let you know the name in a day or two.

Arch

2. olivellam

olivellam Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the valuable info!! I live in U.S and my dad is travelling from Chennai next month. I read there is a sale going on in Roshanlal, is it the one near Thousand lights or the one in Cathedral Road. I have to give him specific instructions... Also, I have heard good things about Benaras sarees from Roshanlal, is it good for synthetic chiffon/georgette too?

Thanks!
    Olivellam

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Kirtilal the jeweellery store is having a diamond bangle mela/sale!
    The prices start from Rs.2.5 lakhs!

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Any idea about the date please??

5. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Yes 30%-50% off in Roshanlal,Mt.Road,Chennai

Srishti in luz church road near Tulsi silks has also started its summer sale.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  6. Smita4679

Smita4679 Senior IL'ite

HI -
    Good thread..I will be following it regularly given my penchant for shopping:). Also pls provide feedback if any of u visit these sales/offers.

Smita

7. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Friends need some tips from you all..

Are there any sale/clearance going on for apparels..I'm in need of few pairs of office wears(salwars)..nothing much expensive..never mind if it doesn't come for a long period too.

I generally opt perfect fitting, so mine will be tailor-made rather than ready-mades unless and until it is branded.But the hi-light now is i'm facing many physical changes day-by-day..I haven't put on weight but things are not fitting me as perfectly as earlier.

So i need few sets to wear in the mean time..never mind if it comes for just 4-5 months..:hide: what else to do...

i have loads and loads of sarees but none of the blouses are fitting me :rant

Help me please:hiya

8. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Cindhuja,

I can understand.My tight fitting salwars are left untouched in my wardbrobe after my weight gain and physical changes after my hormonal treatment.

You could try pothys for readymade.They are pretty cheap.else opt for umbrella or anarkali type of dresses.They can be used any time even after your delivery:)

Sadly,I do not know any sale information.

9. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi RG,

thanks for the info.Will give a try in pothys.my hubby will start running if i call him for T.nagar shopping.No other go will have to find a solution for this.

Regarding anarkali patterns i agree with you but it doesn't suit me @ all :hide: i look very short and stout amidst my normal sized figure..He used to bend down and answer me if i try those kind of salwars :rant:rant

Thanks again:hiya

10. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Cindhu.
    Why not go to Pantheon road and buy material and get them stitched??
    It comes toaround Rs 300-400 sometimes even less and all cotton, would suit you fine for now!:) Maybe you can get them altered to your needs later.