1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Disciplining toddlers

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by teju, Jan 16, 2008.

1. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

Hi Roopa,
    You should also try to make friends asap.
    I have heard that Indians in US stay closely bonded. Try to find out about your neighbours, Indian groups, where basically families get together and have fun. You need to start doing this so that both you and your son will have friends. Once you make friends you can start visiting them or invite them over for lunch or snacks, etc.
    You will all end up celebrating all festivals also together!
    This will be fun for both you and your son. So try doing this soon :)
    Cheers
    Teju

2. jelaja

jelaja New IL'ite

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hai,

My son is 20 months old, when I realise he is getting adamant, I quickly change topic and assign duties to him like, asking him to bring something (he simply loves to do it), or close the door or ask him to bring a tissue and wipe a drop of water etc and it is working, he forgets everthing else and actively involves himself in what we ask him to do.

Jelaja

<TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Jelaja,

That's nice to hear:) well, I crossed that stage (or rather my son) and at 3 it's even difficult to distract him. so enjoy till they learn to trick you better;)
    Latha

4. arunhasriram

arunhasriram New IL'ite

ArunhaSriram

Hi ,

I have a 14 month old boy.He is hyper active and really naughty boy.He is pretty good with his diet.If he troubles some how i will manage to feed him.But he is not that chubby.Now he is 24pounds.He is not happy to have milk.I noticed him that he needs some flavours.Not interested in having the same taste.When can i start giving Complan.Which is really best for him COMPLAN or JUNOR HORLICKS.Please suggest me.