1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Disc Herniation

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by shrinidhi30, Apr 25, 2013.

1. shrinidhi30

shrinidhi30 New IL'ite

Hi All,I'm Shrinidhi(29 years old/unmarried) I'm suffereing from disc herniation (L4_L5 & L5-S1) for 8 years.I'm having the pain in the back,thigh upto the foot. I cant walk atleast for 5mins. I almost tried every treatment. At first I tried traction & wax massage for 3months & taken the allopathy medicines.Pain went off temporarily.But my weight got increased 51kg to 62kg.
    After that I went to kottakkal arya vaidhya sala.There I stayed for 28days & took medicines for 6 months. Pain little bit reduced. After 2 months again it started paining.
    I didn't stop the tratments. I tried siddha ,homeopathy & acupuncture everything. Everything got failed infront of my illness. I felt the numbness for sometimes & severe pain all over the body.
    And after that I visit @ Dr.Mahboobkhan in K.R.Nagar(Mysore). There they are doing something like a varma therapy. And give medicines for 1 month.4 months I continued this medications & went there again. They did the same treatment & gave the medicines for 3 months. But the pain is persisting still. I have ovarian cysts (Endometriotic & HAemorrohagic) also. Dont know what to do. I'm a software professional.Got resigned my job 3 years back due to this illness. Can't sit for a long time too. Taking rest & but no improvement. I'm not interested to undergo surgery ,since I still yet to be married. Plz anyone help me if you have come across this illness & got cured. Thank you!!!

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Did you consult a yoga therapist? They will suggest only after understanding your problem and according to your body condition. just take a therapist opinion befor eyou venture into it.

3. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

There is something called manipulation done when there is problem relating to joints.
    My mother had disc herniation and was immobilised for few months.
    But after the manipulation done,she has resumed to normal life with some restrictions.
    This manipulation should be done by expert practioners.

1 person likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

have a complete medical check up. you need to lose weight. and please look at a proper treatment for your herniation. if you are suffering from 8 years, you would have injured yourself at 21.at 21, your body knows to fight back easily, and with proper exercise and treatment you would have got back to a better shape. now you are 29, and you have numbness which could suggest nerve compression and on top of it hemorrhagic cysts. if you are taking steroidal pain killers, you need to get your re-evaluated. and also get a second opinion on your cycts.

I would not suggest operation for herniation unless doctors say there is no other way . these days lot of us have a mild herniation due to postures, long sitting hours, no relaxation, no proper mattress w hile sleeping. the best way is to learn pain management, and learn exercises from somebody who treats sports injury. they teach you good exercise, which has to be followed religiously , even when the pain disappears.

my physiotherapist, says when you come for theraphy, it means you are suffering with un manageable pain. and then we teach you exercises, and also manipulate your sore spots. though the heat, traction, wax give you relief , you need to keep doing the exercises regularly for the injury to heal and not relapse. if you leave once the pain disappears, your muscles, tissues around the area are healed, but the root is not exactly healed, it is weak, and once you jam yourself, or strain, your weak spot starts irritating..instead, you keep up the exercises regularly along with weight management, you can manage the pain well.

Listen to your body signals. a tightness, a numbness is a signal from your spine that you are taxing it..so lie down, relax and do all the exercises that you are taught.

do check if your ovarian problems are adding to your back pain. and do consult a good doctor for your gynaec issues.

all the best.

5. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

same april 2013 i hubby got same problem disc herniation (L2,L3)we had gone to alopathy doctors but they suggested to go for surgery but my hubby was not interested to go surgery .we enquired so many people who got surgery for the same problem bt they all said that it will be ok for some months then we are suffering again. so dont go for surgery they said.then we had gone for physiotherapy for 1 week then there was some improvement.2days after we went to varmakalai vaidhiyar he gave him 1 bottle of oil.atlast we went for ayurvedic treatment.the doctor advised him to take 8 weeks treatment(1st 2wks-oil massage n stream bath,3rd and 4thweek herbal powder massage,5th n6th wk herbal leaves massage 7th n 8th wk herbal oil massage)he finished all the 8wks now he got 90%recovery.hope this ll help u

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. shrinidhi30

shrinidhi30 New IL'ite

Hello Uma, Thank you.. But where you went for the Ayurvedic treatment???

7. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

he had the treatment in tuticorin