Disappointed but also optimistic

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by swati_gan, Aug 13, 2009.

1. swati_gan

swati_gan Senior IL'ite

Disappointed with my cycles

I ovulated on the 29th day last month after getting 2 false positives.
    This month i have been tracking my bbt and not a single day it has gone beyond 97.5. 2 days back it was as low as 96.5, then back to 97.5 and today it was 96.8!. OPK's also have'nt shown a positive yet. Today is my 29th day. I am so diappointed with me and my cycles. Doctor says everything is fine with you, all tests done. this is how you are!

2. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Re: Disappointed with my cycles

Hi Swati,

How about your cervical mucus.. do you track on the basis of that. Here in India initially we go for follicular study to see the pattern of ovulation . Is there a possibility of follicular study at your place there? Its normally done from day 10-14 to see if follicles exist and are developing or not.. usually on day 13 or 14 the follicle ruptures and there is presence of free fluid as they call. This could be an option for you to check your follicle growth.

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swati,
    What is your cycle length? Do you have regular periods? Any chances of having PCOS?
    Did you undergone Follicular study? Any time gynec monitored Ovulation in you?
    Answer to these questions will answer your doubts!

If you have 28 day cycle, you can expect your ovulation from 12 to 14! Like wise approx ovulation days will come!

Its TTC not a war.... Just cool down. Try to have a stress free days & all things will fall in place! Be happy!
    Baby dust to you...

4. swati_gan

swati_gan Senior IL'ite

Well friends,

I ovulated on CD 35 atleast my Answer brand opk showed positive. On CD 40 I had EWCM and cramps so tested again got a positive. We had intercourse on both times. Today is CD 58, no period, not positive HPT.
    I called my doctor this morning and left her a message. What disappointed me was not that I did not get pregnant as there is always a next time. But the fact that, she just ruled out the possiblity of a blood pregnancy test and straight away prescribed provera. I thot i would atleast get a chance to do a blood test. LOL. :bonk

Well, I am not exactly diappointed but more like this was not what i expected from her. Obviously, she right and she knows better.

Lots of baby dust to all other TTC ladies!

5. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

keep the spirit up dear.. better luck next time.

did you had urine pregnancy test at home and also at dr. office? both are -ve? if so.. you have to follow the doctor...sorry to say this.

Sujatha.

6. swati_gan

swati_gan Senior IL'ite

Hi Sujatha,

No just home pregnancy test. But I know even those are pretty much accurate. So I dont want to keep up hopes up for no reason :)

Thanks for comforting me. :)

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I don't know why ovulation happened in CD35? Why this much delay? Whats your gynecs point on this? CD58 means just 14 days past ovulation! Is it possible to wait for few more days & check again?

8. Piya77

Piya77 New IL'ite

Hi Swati

I havent read much posts of yours to know if you have pcos. I have. Last month, I got positive OPK and doc had also monitored and we saw an egg(something like that on day 12) and on day 14 when it was +, it had gone, so naturally i thot i ovulated on that day. Later my cycles didnt come till day 41!
    When I asked doctor he said, we never know probably it was a follicle cum cyst! I also read that those who have pcos get false positives or more than once.

I dont want to scare you. Be positive. Do yoga. I read in one of your older posts that you used to do yoga. I had a question, is it safe to do kapalbhati after ovulation and ttc ? Please let me know .

9. swati_gan

swati_gan Senior IL'ite

Please help me out here!

I got my periods on July 16th. After that I havent got at all. Today is Sept 16th. I am pretty sure, I ovulated on the 40th day i.e Aug 25th. Now I got a negative blood test last friday and even HPT is negative. My doctor has prescribed Provera to start my periods. I am sure I am not pregnant. But my hubby says "what if you are pregnant. dont take provera":drowning It been more than 20 days I should have know if I was pregnant and I dont have any symptoms also.

Please advice if I should take Provera or not?

10. swati_gan

swati_gan Senior IL'ite

Hi Piya,

You are not supposed to do Kalpalbhati if prgnant. So after ovulation, you never know if you are pregnant. So, its better not to do.