Dinner Disaster

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by sumitha, Jan 13, 2008.

1. sumitha

sumitha Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Dine out options in Dubai might be plenty with new restaurants opening in every nook and corner.But not all of them are worth the money as i learned recently..we can forget the money if you are served palatable food,isnt it?
    KUMARAKOM a new branch in the famous chain of restaurants in Chennai is now open in Atrium center in Bur Dubai..we went there hearing about its reputation back home.But never again..The quantity served is pitiable.chicken fry costs 18 dh and we were served 2 bite sized pieces ..kappa came in a small side plate!!!!and the worst of all was the appam in which we could actually bite the sugar!! And all this came after a looooooong wait..Ambience is also poor and the since building has central ac which is cut of at 11pm, the room was smoky and smelling.
    Look at Paragon restaurant in karama..it is crowded through out the day just because the food is too good, there is a prompt service and you get the value for money..Hope hoteliers would think of all aspects before opening new restaurants...

2. Tweety

Tweety Bronze IL'ite

Hi sumitha,
    your title caught me to read and reply this thread.
    Ya you are right not all the restaurants are worthy enough to visit.
    We had a bad exp in Madurai appu. caught by its authentic look and reputation we went there to discover poor service(think the employees are new, missing one of the menu we ordered, took a lot of time to serve). We ordered dosa and it was like made in aapam batter and the sambar was much like Sabji,that too served in small vessel.In order to complete dosa we asked extra sabji alais sambar which came in a much smaller tawa.We decided not to turnback that side again.

3. sumitha

sumitha Senior IL'ite

Hey friends,
    Ater a disastrous weekend dinner ,i recently found out a wonderful broast chicken joint in Deira.The name is AMANDA..Though i am not a fan of broast chicken i loved the chicken fried rice,manchurian, and the hommous and garlic paste.delicious food and wide variety of menu too...They do deliver the food at home too...Its behind united hypermarket,near the old dubai cinema.i wil find out the phone number and post it soon..
    sumitha

4. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

I like Haji Ali's there food seems to be as good as the branch in Mumbai. I saw a branch of Bade Miyan's but have not tried it yet. I like chettinad food, but I haven't had any good experiences with the restaurants in Dubai. So also with Sri Lankan food, I have tried Chef Lanka and they are a major disappointment!
    Perhaps we should post restaurants that serve authentic regional food!!!

5. bunny

bunny New IL'ite

hello tweety,
    i jus read ur last post on dinner disaster and i hav a very strong feeling that u ve been having a very wrong impression abt madurai appu restaurant,karama. As far as i ve seen its far more better than any other dine out spot which came up recently.I was extremely happy to hav a taste of our very own Indian food bak here in karama.Their briyani's are stunning and they have a variety of mouth watering chettinad delicacy's.I tried this place only after my friends opinions and the kind of name it has got in town.And it has surely lived upto the expectations.There is nothin to complain abt their service too,i got my dishes right on time as i was promised.They are doing a very good job already, hope they keep it goin.

6. bunny

bunny New IL'ite

paragon and kumarakom are restaurants of completely different category. u cant really compare those two.Hope u r not tryin to promote paragon,,,,