1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DILs and MILs Dynamics - Lets Discuss

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Ria2006, Apr 16, 2008.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I think its a late entry but i would like to tell my opinion....op ma'am, u will change ur opinion if u have seen emotionally and verbally abusing mil shouting at a dil . If she doesn't become assertive and take the decision to keep pil at an arms length she will lose her sanity. How much ever love and affection dil shows all in vain .
    I know there are good pil too. I am ready to do sashtanga namaskaram to them. But many are not lucky enough to get nice pil. I think u r lucky. Happy for u. But many dils are putting up with lots of taunts. Understand them.

3 people like this.
  2. seekout

seekout Silver IL'ite

Although its a very old thread, i want to put forward my 2 cents. The DIL who is very patient, good, bearing everything when becomes the MIL expects the same from her DIL which may not be possible due to several reasons. The the same DIL who was so patient, good, nice and epitome of goodness will demand everything as she has suffered a lot or done a lot for her elders and hence her DIL MUST do the same irrespective of her choice/ current conditions etc.
    This goodness does not bring about any positive changes in the society. The same evil cycle goes on and on.

3. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

I believe this will cut down in next generation as slowly the interrelation with mil is getting lesser, and also the coming MILs will be educated like us and mostly would have discussed already like this.

The expectations and the complexes due to the more intellegent dil and all will reduce and hopefully the bang will reduce among the inlwas an d bond will improve

I hope so and i am strongly willing to take an oath to be like that MIl as mil-to-be in my next 10 yrs

4. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

I just typed "interfering" in google search box and guess what.."interfering mother in law" is the fourth recommendation that shows. OMG!!