Dilemma

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by krishna121, Mar 10, 2015.

1. krishna121

krishna121 New IL'ite

I live in the US and my husband does not want us to relocate to India because of a host of reasons which you all are familiar with.

Recently my younger brother passed away unexpectedly.
    I have always wanted to go back to India.
    This incident has heightened my urgency to do that. I want to be there with my parents and support them as they are not getting younger.

My parents are unwilling to come to the US even for short visits. I am torn and broken.

What would you do. Is there a solution ?I do not have a GC. We have approved I 140,hubby is working on EAD and my company is sponsoring our GC.

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Op, very sorry about your brother.

Can you go and stay with your parents for a couple of weeks/months to help assuage the pain? That's what I can suggest for the short-term.

I do not know your reasons for staying in the US or moving back to India. If you can elaborate, I am sure other posters will be able to give you valuable suggestions.

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP

So Sorry about your brother.:-( I can relate . I always think of some thing bad happening back in India and how will I cope with things.

My dad had severe accident many many years ago till this date I could not get away from the guilt of not being there. I was stuck here for H1B reasons.

If something happens, we expect family to accompany us ,help us.. but too bad we cannot think other way. Every day I think of all these things... I move to india in dreams.

We both ( my H & me) do not like a lot being here and miss India but we miss OLD india that we left.
    If we had grown with india , living there it would have been easier. Now I go there for 20 days, I encounter say 10 people ( outside family) for some work,or travel or drivers , so much stress and shouting I have to do. But despite of all the discomfort, low quality service, less safety, noise pollution, I bleed to be there.