Dilation and Cuterage( D &C ) : Questions, please help.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Amicable, Dec 14, 2007.

1. lekhas

lekhas New IL'ite

Re: devastated

hi friends,

thank you for all your kind words , even my mother is not with me so your words are really soothing. lot of negative thinking going through mind.

as i took first pills yesterday i am having lot of pain today.tommorrow i have to go to hospital for the second pills.

thank you so much

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lekha,
    Sorry about your Miscarriage...
    All you have to do now is divert your mind & then prepare your body well for the next pregnancy. 33 years old can have her second child. Its not a bad age to hold the second baby. Dont worry about convincing your dh & other stuffs. Take care of yourself now. Meet your gynec & know the reasons behind the MC & try to clear the hurdle you face...
    Take care....

3. sangeethaharish

sangeethaharish New IL'ite

D&c please help me....

Iam 27years and my husband is 30years. i was married in August 2006 and got pregnant by Jan 2007 in 5 months... but i had a miscarraige coz of chickenpox in just 42days. doctr said i dont need a DNC at that time as all the dirt n leftovers have automatically flushed out. till now am trying to concieve but nothing turned out good. my periods n ovulation are absolutely normal everymonth.. now since its almost 3years after a misscarraige my doctor says that she wants to do a D&C so that she rules out the doubt that remaining products aftr miscarraige might be there causing infertility... is it safe to go for a D&C.. i had heard about Ashermans syndrome and all... am very much afraid if D&C will distrb my regular cylcle.... please some one help me... doctr has asked me to come on 20Jan 2010 for D&C... i feel like crying.. i want a child but i dont know if its gud or not... please some one guide me what to do. iam mentally affected without a child.

4. sangeethaharish

Iam 27years and my husband is 30years. i was married in August 2006 and got pregnant by Jan 2007 in 5 months... but i had a miscarraige coz of chickenpox in just 42days. doctr said i dont need a DNC at that time as all the dirt n leftovers have automatically flushed out. till now am trying to concieve but nothing turned out good. my periods n ovulation are absolutely normal everymonth.. now since its almost 3years after a misscarraige my doctor says that she wants to do a D&C so that she rules out the doubt that remaining products aftr miscarraige might be there causing infertility... is it safe to go for a D&C.. i had heard about Ashermans syndrome and all... am very much afraid if D&C will distrb my regular cylcle.... please some one help me... doctr has asked me to come on 20Jan 2010 for D&C... i feel like crying.. i want a child but i dont know if its gud or not... please some one guide me what to do. iam mentally affected without a child.

5. sangeethaharish

6. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Dear Lekha
    Hugs...me to faced this in Dec 2006 after my marriage in May...When for a scan I was diagnosed with fibroids...but nothing to worry...then I went for a laproscopy and was TTC from JAn 07 - JAn 09...then I conceivd...Take some time for your mental & physical wellbeing..who knows better than us our DHs..can convince him...

Sending a lot of strength in you way...Hugs again

Ridge

7. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Dear Sangeetha
    Please don't lose hope and have faith...Relax...you will find a lot of success stories of child birth from this TTC forum, including myself...
    But there are questions in your case...normally any miscarriage will follow a D&C to rule out any remnants of aborted foetus that might hinder a healthy growth, still strange, y the doc told D&C not required...

D&C is a simple procedure taking around half-a-day and max a week's bed rest...I was able to return to work after 10 days..

No,D&C will not disturb regular cycles, might change the dates...wait & watch for 1-3 months.

Since your cycles are regular, now taht you are going for a D&C the checkup will be thorugh including status of tubes, ovaries, uterus...so relax...
    After this D&C, prepare your body for pregnancy..eat well & exercise well...

And you will win the game...

Luv

Ridge

8. NAYA

NAYA Senior IL'ite

Hi Sangeetha,
    Don't worry everything will be fine ,go a head with the DC as the doctor said.
    My cousin did't concieve till 2 yrs after her marriage then when she visited the Dr ,she said that to have a DC done , then she concieved she got a girl baby and she is now 2yrs old.
    Even I went throught the DC after miscarriage of my first pregnancy ,I conceived after 3 months and now have 2 kids of age 4 and 3.
    So be cool and don't get panic about it ,relax and keep faith on GOD.
    Be positive and hope for the best ,you will achieve it.

9. sangeethaharish

thank u so much ridge and naya... ur words are really encouraging n consoling.... gods great. i really get load of info from this forum.... iam really gratefull to each an every one who takes so much intrest n replies everytime... will go for a D&C and very soon msg everyone with a gud news.... thanx a ton!

10. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I had gone thru D & C at 11 weeks pregnancy failure.I had to fast for few hrs.Then they gave me some injection which will help to open my cervix may be.Then they gave me a general anaesthesia just before the procedure.I didnt feel any thing after that.When I woke up say after 1 hr.I was on drip and there was no pain.Just light bleeding like menses.I could go back home same day on my own.Since we lose blood they ask us to rest for a 2-3 days.