Dilation and Cuterage( D &C ) : Questions, please help.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Amicable, Dec 14, 2007.

1. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Re: Help me

Dear Sudha

I remember they gave me a tablet to be had 6 hours before the procedure..I had that at 3.30am and the procedure was scheduled for 9.30 am. About sipping water,frankly,I don't remember what they told me.I think they did tell me to have minimum amount of water with the tablet itself and then not to have any more.However,I am not very sure about it.:roll:

2. Sudhasanjeev

Sudhasanjeev Senior IL'ite

Oh ok but they said not to sip water 12hrs before D&C , i hv appointment at 2:00 p.m nd i must be there by 12:00p.m, i keep everything on god he will takecare of me

3. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

hi sudha! i heard that sometime instead of D&C some doctors gives u vaginal pill. why don't u ask ur doctor about this option. i dont know how far this option is suitable in ur case.

4. lekhas

lekhas New IL'ite

devastated

hi friends,

i am writing this because i lost my sleep and appetite for the last few days when i came to know that i miscarried .baby stopped growing at 8 weeks no fetal heart beat when i went for 11 weeks scan.
    i went through so many threads about miscarriage and abortion but still drowning.

i have a 6 yr daughter we both talked a lot about how to take care of the baby and all .After so many convincing my dh agreed for a second baby and now he is telling i told you ? ,you are 33 yr and we are old , so this all happened .i was so longing for another baby. i don't think i will be able to convince him again .i don't know how to stop thinking about anything and be calm.
    Scan showed i am having fibroids 1 and 2 cm. is it a problem?

i know a lot of people here have gone a lot worse than this but i am emotionally very weak as i had a lot of bad experiences in my life.

it was my birthday i went for scan and the news i got is this.
    my sister delivered her baby this week and i am happy for her and still not able to enjoy as i am having abortion

please those who had gone through this , will i be able to get out of this ?

i took my first set tablets on empty stomach and tommorrow go to hospital and put second tablets. me ,dh and daughter are only staying.do i need some one at home or can i manage alone?

lekha

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  5. NAYA

NAYA Senior IL'ite

Re: devastated

Hi Lekha,
    Sorry about your miscarriage, and don't get dissapointed.

I know it is very difficult to forget about the baby which we want

just 6 months back even I went through this same thing ,it was my 3rd pregnancy at 8weeks no heart beat ,so have to go for D&C at 11 weeks.

Have 4yr &3yr old son & daughter and it was unexpected pregnancy but was happy and it leaded to miscarriage.

We want 3rd kid but later, as my children are too young and it will be difficult for me to manage 3 kids , so want to postpone for 1 or 2 more yrs.

My DH managed for 2 days at the time of D&C and later I was able to cope up with the things .
    So don'tworry about it and don't stress out much .

Come out from this first ,later you can convience your DH.

I don't have any idea about the fibroids .
    Once D&C is done they will send for the test and will give the result.

I just googled about fibroids , below is the link u can go through
    Uterine Fibroids (Benign Tumors of the Uterus) on MedicineNet.com

Just don't worry about it , everything will be fine.

Make yourself busy by playing with your daughter or talk to your friends, neighbours who are well wishers and read books.

wish you to recover soon from this.
    hope my reply will help you.

NAYA

6. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

hi lekha,
    sorry about your miscarriage.dont worry, try to spend your time with your daughter and you will be alright soon.
    take care......

7. sashi99

sashi99 Senior IL'ite

Hi Lekha
    Sorry for ur miscarriage. Dont worry dear...God will surely show u way out of this. I know ur feelings as i am also ttc second child and till now no positive result:-(..very much worried about it....
    Spend as much time as u can with ur daughter and consult ur doc....u will surely conceive again...my sincere prayers for u:)

Luv
    Sashi

8. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Lekhas,

Sorry to hear your loss. I am sure you can come of this if you spend go time with your daughter and DH. Once you are out of this worry I am sure you will announce the good news soon. Take care dear.

9. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Very sorry to hear about it. I have also had recurrent miscarriages in 7th week and still planning for 1st kid. Divert your mind by playing with your daughter or doing some hobbies. It is really difficult to practice but only when you come out of stress and worries, you can start planning next baby. I have seen people conceiving even after 35, so I don't think age should be the problem. But you can meet a Gynaec to find out the reason before planning next one.

10. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Very sorry dear. Hope you get well soon. Then you can convince your husband. Everything will become alright.