Dilated 4cm But No Contractions- 39 Weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Sansa, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Sansa

Sansa Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Im 39 weeks pregnant and this is my first pregnancy. I'm dilated 4cm fully and 100% effaced and don't have any contractions not even Braxton hicks. Doctor was surprised that I didn't go into labor and she expects that I may go into labor soon but I don't have any symptoms. I'm pretty active, walk daily and yoga now n then. Doctor thinks I'm not feeling my contractions and gave me the option to wait for natural pain until 41 weeks but she thinks it will be a very quick labor and wants me to be in hospital as soon as I get pain and don't want to wait until contractions gets closer or the other option is to induce pain anytime this week to kick start labor. I'm inclined towards waiting for natural pain.
    1)Anyone have experience of being dilated this much and do not have any pain?
    2) how soon did you go into labor after you were 4cm dilated?
    3) will inducing delay labor?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017

2. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

I was'nt dilated this much... but was dilated upto 2 cm around 39 weeks.. even i didnt have contractions until then.. so i started eating pinapple and papaya fruits.. this helped me to get into labour..