1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dignity of Labour

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by radsahana, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear Radhika,
    Its highly commendable the way you dealt with your friend.As Tl said i too can't treat a maid as friend but i will try my best to be nice and helpful to her.True, helping others make us feel a better human leave alone what it does to them.You are the best gift to your friend.You are quite special.:thumbsup

2. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji mam

Thanks very much for the fb. See your friends helping gesture, imbibed in you a helping and sharing nature. And now you are always helping other. :).
    Have a gr8 day.

P.S: I know your Daughter has adopted a child, and i think that requires tremendous guts and heart of gold. It is not easy to do that and everyone cant do it. Hats off to you also for pouring your love towards that child.

3. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Hey Lakshmi

First of all i appreciate your candidness, when u said you still have mental block.

See such a big fb, which means, it does touch the chord somewhere in you. it is just the society, i think which is holding you back:)

I think society in India, is main culprit. As we grow, we keep forming so many biased opinions and thoughts.

But now as a parents, i think we can inculcate in our kids, the value of respecting individual irrespective of their work status, respecting for their hard work.

Even i fail to understand, inspite of staying here for 2-3 years, the youngsters when back in india, still had that mental block.

Infact they should be pioneering, towards removal of this mental block.

4. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Radhika,

That was really nice of you. That's how each one of us should behave. I would have definitely behaved the way you did & for that I am greatful to my parents.

I remember my dad always respects every human being & taught us the same. Those days in my place, people don't respect the poor & the labour force who come to clean the drainage.

But in our house my dad gives them coffee, food everything in the same utensils we use. In other houses, they have separate utensils for them. If we have food, dad would ask them to sit along side & have food with us. I have seen the hesitation in their actions & later the happiness too in their faces.

You know the kind of respect my dad had and by virtue of it we had. I can't express it. Really you made me think of my dad now. Thanks Radhika.

Most of my good qualiies, I have imbibed from my dad & mom. Likewise your kids will also benefit from your behaviour.

For our kids also it is very natural to respect each & every individual.

Very good thoughts & thanks for sharing.

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Ansuya

As K2S said, i dont see you much in Snippets Corner. Thanks very much for the fb dear.

So when i saw your fb and that too big, i was very much happy.

Initially while writing, i was just sharing my experience and thought, and i was little apprehensive, how the readers are going to react.

But seeing the responses i know, we all human beings responds to human emotions first, we understand human language of love and compassion better.

It is just a matter of some incident, or opportunity and i know all my friends here will respond in a same manner.

Irrespective of nationality, caste, culture, each human being understand human emotions of respect and love. If we as individual understand this, then i think it is easier to relate to anyone.

P.S: See just writing about this friend, brought happiness to me in the form, being credited as a good poster.

6. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Ganges,

Thanks very much for the fb dear. Yes, as u said, in india, it will take tooooooooo much time, when people start respecting everyone as human being first and not by their work.

But you know people like you can make a lot of difference in removing that mental block. I am happy to know that you would have done same thing.
    Have a gr8 day.

7. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Neha,

Thanks very much for the fb dear. I was happy that you could relate and enjoy the post. Have a gr8 day.

8. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Hey K2S,

I loved your long fb, it shows that you could relate to the post very much.

See in Melbourne, you could easily, unconsciously shed all your inhibitions, and shared your food,with the Greek couples, which means, in all of us reside a caring human soul, it is just a matter of incident or opportunities.

Also society, play a crucial part in that. We stay in the society and we continuously seek approval from them for our actions.So sometime it is difficult to listen to our hearts. But we as a individual, can try to change the outlook of society, by doing our little bit.

Have a gr8 day.

9. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Pad mam,

thanks for the fb very much. I really love to read your fbs, not only for my post, but even for other posts:). It is always well thought and well written.

Yes i agree with you, the society where we live, is still reeling under the false pretense of hierarchy, status, ego etc etc...

Like you said, half the unemployment problem will be solved, if youngsters doesnt mind to take any work. But for that someone has to take plunge, and be a pioneer,for removing these mental blocks.

10. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Monifa,

While reading your fb, tears welled up in my eyes. At 72 yrs, she is still working and that too she has struggled so hard in life from 16 years. Even now she doesn't have complaints about life.

I always used to feel people are doing what they are doing for any job, since they couldnt have education like us, it is just fate, that we could have good education, had they had education like us, they will be one among us, so i always used to respect everyone irrespective of what work they are doing.

Hats off to you for spending a whole day with that friend of yours. Life is so simple, if we just respond to human emotions:)

Have a gr8 day dear.