1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Digital Emotions

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Oct 29, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear shanthi,
    i would had missed this thread if someone important had not mentioned about it, i think too many things happening in my life and the thread of morning goes missing by after noon and by the time i get hold of it, it is too late a fb any way better late than never, i go through all those what u have mentioned and yes it is easy to give that is to delete, forget and drop them from the list but to be at the receiving end is tough. happy that your brought out such a wonderful article it looks pouring out of your heart, because it is so much in detail that i could easily reckon with it..sunkan

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi acchu,

Thanks for reading this one... i was wondering how to write..whether to write or not write for the past 15 days...there were two posts that left a bad taste in my mouth even if i had not replied to both....I was wondering why they were accepting that from others...and then after a few days reply from one OP (original poster)..was posted....that the person was really hurt, after all i am a human..but sometimes..since it is a public forum i have to take it after all i am also getting so much praises from the same forum..." I really appreciate that human..for the way it is analyzed...

We don't need moderators to be behind us all the time (after all with IL growing into a 11k+ group it is a tuff task for them also..) to tell us don't do this don't do that...just a second before replying, or while reading if we put ourselves in the other person's shoes..our own conscience will act as a judge......

again it is each one's opinion....

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sunkan,

I think i should thank both you and the person who mentioned it... i know you are busy with chitra's engagement and marriage...and also lot of arrangement...thanks for taking the time to check it...

Since you post in almost all the subforums, i think you would be aware of what is happening...so it was just a thinking and prodding from my side...it was never meant to point fingers..just to voice out my concern...after IL has become close to my heart...

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

shan u r grt dont go on this explanation ur just wonderful and let me tell you those words look from your heart and real and for people like me who live virtually in chat and net, know what u mean at all...even when priya's marriage got fixed all my neighbours wondered how i got a good guy like him so told them,because they have never seen me running around asking vadyar and temple seeking for a guy, so i said from the net world, and they were wondering what it is, none here have it, and don't understand my language, it is my world and u have switched the light on there....grt keep going i know u r too good..sunkan

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Shanti,

Well written.is it internet day today.HAHA.Strange days we have these days.The chinese this year celebrated i think the Year of the pig.

Yes as u said we have many virtual friends here,whom we can praise or shout at.

I personally have made a few very good friends here,some males and some females, i keep speaking to them on phone.

The first female friend i made,she told me u are my uncle's age !That made any chance of a romance fly out of the window.:shock:She is a very nice friend, havnt met her yet, but will do so next month, along with a few other bloggers of that city.

Most friends are male.And they are from all walks of life, some architects, engineers, doctor.And i keep pulling their legs, that u guys myust be lousy in yr professions , that u guys write so well and devote so much time to bnlogging where must u guys be working at all !But i guess they are kind to this old man,and dont take my words to heart.

I try not to criticise someone's blog or opinion, and prefer not to comment at all.why hurt someone ? Good write shanti, dont feel guilty, these things happen.more later.Regards.kamal

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi kamalji,

Thanks for being here.

7. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

It is very true that friendships and relationships have acquired a new dimension in the cyber world. I have also been through many forums and I felt that there is a certain kind of bonding in IL that brings us back here every morning. There are elderly folks to offer wise thoughts. There is a large peer group where one can feel comfortable and relate to. And there are younger folks to complete the community feel.

The internet has been very helpful to me in bringing me back with a lot of my childhood friends whom I consider to be very dear. Without the internet, I know I would have lost them for ever. It helps me stay connected with my family in India. I talk to me mother everyday and it has helped my mother to spend time effectively too. I have gone a bit too far, however. I stay stuck to the chair and am browsing from site to site, blog to blog and have been trying to get around this habit seriously.

I also agree that cyber rifts take place because of inappropriate words. Our words are capable of causing grievance to someone and we may even end up having spoilt their day.

I have always admired your writing skills because they reveal a very matured mind.

Cheers!

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi nivedi,

Thank you. yes technology is a sharp edged knife..it works both ways..
    and yeah me to otherwise i cannot keep in touch with my husband...

9. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Shanvy,

What you drop there is 101/100 .That is what going on in world...There is no place for sharings or no worries for breaking up relations. Internet changed the world a lot.Your point of view is excellent..Kepp writing these kind of existing things in your stylish way...All the best

10. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

Yes, I agree with you...

Yes, you can pick and drop a friend any time .... But will you get a true friend... Will you be able to share all your feelings... What do you want in friendship...

Once one of my freind told me that in yahoo and other chats you can tlak... but they dont have the facility to pass on our emotions.... How true....