1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Difficulties in weight loss

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PLK, Dec 30, 2015.

1. PLK

PLK Silver IL'ite

Dear friends!!
    I have following difficulties and weight loss seems up and down journey for me
    1 Hypothyroidism... Though my reports are normal
    2. PCOS/pcod
    3. Carcaneal spur for both legs
    4. Knee pain
    5. Huge target. I am 84 now and need to reach until 64 or less
    6. Age.. 44 now
    So though from several years I have been on 1200/1300 cal diet...do not eat after 7..no cold drinks no sugar
    Goto gym regularly or walk abt 8k-9k steps except for those days when spur or knee pain is terrible... There is no change at all...
    I am working lady with kids ...so life itself is active....and get tired sometimes.. But seriously wish to loose n be healthy n fit...any comments?

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Women with PCOS have low basal metabolic rates (BMR), which means that you need to work a little bit harder to create a calorie deficit for weight loss. The margin for error when calculating daily intake is smaller for us than normal women. But it doesn't mean you can't lose weight. I have PCOS and I've lost around 40+ lbs over the last 2 years. I did it exclusively by counting calories. Later I added walking and running, but most of my weight was lost with zero exercise.

PCOS means insulin resistance so a low carb diet will benefit you much more than a regular diet. I keep my carbs around 100gms a day though under 50gms is the recommended amount. Being Indian eating very low carb is really hard, so I gave myself a bit more of a margin with carbs.

Slow paced walking would be the best exercise for you. As you start walking, you will find your endurance go up. If possible adding yoga under supervision, once or twice week, will also help with the knee pain.

3. PLK

PLK Silver IL'ite

Thanks my dear...yes I enjoy walking but then knee pain and heel pain starts...

4. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

PLK garu just change u'r simple life style eat more fruits n cucumber

drink green tea, ginger tea n hot water.

drink atleast 5 gls of hot water.

walking is compalsary try simple exe

1 person likes this.
  5. PLK

PLK Silver IL'ite

Thanks my dear...what does garu mean? must be something nice...:p

6. lukesopie

lukesopie New IL'ite

Did you try or had any type of a program such as Cinderella Solution Diet to lose weight. I found it 2 days ago as I found to lose weight solution online as we are lockdown and cannot visit a fitness center or gym.