Difficult Questions and Intelligent Answers!

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by varalotti, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Mrs Chithra, u r always right

Dear Mrs Chithra,

U r right. Women need men's support to do things, but the beauty of being a woman is that u can do even without that. Men on the other hand are not like that. They crumble without women to support them.

In my life, I have been propped up by my father and husband, so I am grateful for that on a personal level. Even in Gender literature, we find that male chauvanism and female inferiority evolved from 'benevolent patriarchy'. Our male forefathers, in their good intentions to be kind and protective, created this imbalance in power.

But what u say is true.

cheers
    Vidya

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

You Are Too Clever, Vidya!

My God! Vidya you are too smart. By playing the second fiddle to Chitra, you have silently excluded me saying Meenakshi Adikyam and all.
    (As you may be knowing even now there is a tradition in South, to ask the newly married couple,
    "Veetula enna maduraiya, chidambarama?" meaning is obvious.)

But Meenakshi's Adikyam, Vidya Madam, is only till her Marriage to our Chokkar. Thereafter it is...

No I don't want to continue in this strain. I can see some of the ILites picking up rotten tomatoes...
    I am running.....................................
    anonymous 2

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Do you know, why it is asked ?

Dear Sridhar,
    Veettil Madurai means " perfect order"
    Veettil Chidambaram means " perfect chaos"
    That is how we should interpret !
    Angae eppadiyo, sir ?
    Anonymous, ofcourse !

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

We have an excellent system, Chitra!

Dear Chitra,
    We resolved the crisis long back. In all major matters having macro-level implications I am the deciding authority - eg. Should India sign up the WTO, Should we sign the NPT or should we devalue the currency or vote for Congress or BJP etc.
    All minor matters having micro-level implications like, what to cook, which hotel to go, which movie to see, which car to buy, which college my daughter should study, what course she should opt, are decided by my wife!
    How is it?

Now coming to Madurai and Chidambaram. Perfect order exists only in the cemetries. A living, vibrant house has to be in chaos. QED
    anonymous 2

5. Chitvish

Same here, Sir !

My husband voices his opinion on all national & even international affairs. I give him full freedom for all that ! I limit myself to strictly domestic - no need to say there is perfect " organised routine" ( since you did'nt like "order") & our house runs like a " well oiled Machine" !
    The subject comes to a happy end now, Sir !
    Anonymous !

6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

My , my u maduraiites are really a race....looks like the thread is going in a different direction, what with Vidhya's innocent statement ;-) .....
    Will we have a sparring match between Chidambaram and Madurai ....waiting for more...will be the umpire:tongue ....or is Anonymous 1 quitting the scene ....:cry:

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Always late....:(

Hmmm...all the action was here and I miss it, as usual:)

But what chance would poor me have had here, neither Madhurai nor Chidambaram............!!

All the same, had fun:)

'The rolling stone' !!

8. Chitvish

Anonymous quitting, never !

Dear Sudha,
    Vidya has beautifully conveyed the fact in her first lines ! We know that is the bare truth as well !!
    So let us pamper them & make them feel important, by boosting up their ego - ultimately we do need them for our own existence also, there is no denying it !
    At the end who has the last laugh, do you & I not know, Sudha ?
    Anonymous.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  9. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Chitra Ma'am, Hats off to you, i was clean bowled....and of course we all know who has the last laugh! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.........:rotfl ;-)

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Was away yesterday and did not get to see the interesting sparring. To set the record clear- I have the greatest regard for all Maduriites (male and female). They speak the softest Tamil with none of the gruffness or crudeness of other places. The words are a caress. Also am an ardent devotee of Meenakshi- it is said where She is, even Yamadootas will not come. So I keep her pic close to me.

As for Chokkar, I do have much respect for him, but do not know much about him. I guess he does what men generally do (be it in MAdurai or elsewhere)- be around.

Hopefully, no more posts from me on this.

cheers
    Vidya