Different Parathas Tried And Tested

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by sunkan, Feb 26, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

HAI FRIENDS,
    I AND MY DAUGHTERS ARE VERY FOND OF PARATHAS, SO HERE IS SOME CREATIONS FROM OUR KITCHEN...sunkan

pic from google

2. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Awesome! Thanks Sunkan! My mouth is watering and it is lunch time here.... but I do not have such delicious food to eat! :-(
    SS

3. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Sunkan mam I am going to try some of these.
    What do you think parathas taste best with. Pickles and raithas alone? Sunji may make it too heavy. IS there any alternate ?
    Also can cabbage serve as good parantha filler ? What can be it's side dish ? Have you tasted it?

4. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sunkan Ma'am,
    The parathas are looking yummy.........the pics of the parathas making my mouth water.......
    And as SS told, its launch time here and I have only noodles in my pack to eat.

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Mouth watering to say the least..and you have put itin a word file so its easy to see..some ingredients are used as filling and some are mixed in dough itself..are they all called parathas only and why some are mixed in dough itself like spinach and methi?

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear SS,
    give this a shot i am sure u can make it and have something different, every day for a week. and it makes all the difference...sunkan

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear meenlock,
    you can do with all veg, as filling and they will come out well u can mix the shredded cabbage along with the flour like mooli paratha and add some chillies and ginger and coriander chopped it would be a great fair, you can also try with remaining dhall of the previous night only mix it with dhall first with the flour and be careful with your water here as the dhall is very sticky more flour will be needed to make it firm then add some oil and mix well and leave not for long time but start rolling out immediately here...all the best hope to get some feed back here

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear meeta,
    make it for dinner, i am sure a little bit of innovation will bring out the best..in u..sunkan

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

i used to mix spinach to make the children eat greens otherwise they never used to touch when young and the green color is innovative presentation, vow green paratha mom is the excitement, feed nutrition with love.

methi is very good for health which has a little bitterness but does great things for health, sugar is controlled and constipation goes away, when methi goes inside in any form.

the rolled parathas comes out a little thick and wholesome food in one go instead of making so many varities,

once in a way like veg pulao in rice item roti also take a difference with fillings, and when taken the authentic way with some curd and oinion not sliced but smashed with one hand that enhances the taste and some green chillies for the spicy crowd with some avakkai and it will be a different fair altogether...sunkan

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sunkan,

I did not know my son was watching me when i opened the doc file..now he wants me to do all of them again.... i do most of them ..except cheese and paneer...

Sri is fond of chappathi,naan,and anything in the name of roti...he told me, mom, you do the peas paratha, i will have it (he is fussy about peas..)

And now you have given him a good excuse, he says look sunkan aunty also tells avakkai goes well with roti..(he is a pickle guzzler..)

a wonderful display....