1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Different Opinions

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Giri12, Feb 24, 2019.

1. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

My ex husband was atheist and I was very religious and i would go to temple by myself and at home i just lit a lamp and did aarti and made prasad and prayed by myself.

U cant change anyone nor do u have to stop ur practices. Marriage is abt giving space to each other snd not suffocating each other

God is not going to judge and check who prayed, how they they prayed or where they prayed. Dont make big rules and torture yourself. Keep it simple. End of the day u need peace and happiness from god. U will get it at home too

Thyagarajan and Giri12 like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@Giri12
    I missed this thread though I was a participative member in all forums here.

2. It is an interesting thread and from members input the reader and the poster must have had sound insights. It is right when members say in singular voice to leave spouse to his sweet will to join or cooperate in poojas and other rituals if one shows up reluctance.

3. I have seen reverse cases where male spouse is too religious & sanctimonious simultaneously caused often discomfort to phlegmatic spouse. He would insist she cooks in time and bring to Pooja room at a particular time to offer to numerous Gods & Godesses chanting mantras & observe all other rituals before and after eating sitting on a plank. He would insist that she should offer two balls of cooked rice and dhal after the neivedyam is over to crows. He would insist to commence eating only after drinking water in gunmetal tumbler kept handy on to his left. She desired to change him but to no avail. Both were employed in school at a distance.

4. I find here @GeetaKashyap had offered as usual a matured wholesome pragmatic advise from her own experience.

Thanks and Regards.

Giri12 likes this.
  3. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

A quick update about this. Nowadays he has taken pooja charge all by himself as it was being quite hectic for me(we both leave home at 7.30 am with lunchboxes prepared by me). During lockdown also he helped me in number of other chores. For pooja now we r in more mutual understanding as whoever gets time does it. I actually wanted him to perform it only due to my silly belief of god atleast recognize him n shower him some love as he otherwise will not bother him to visit in temple. Now slowly he has started to like it but dnt want to accept it openly. Once i was telling my friend that doing proper pooja drawing kolam everyday arranging flowers makes me happy and calm he was listening and was in acceptance mode.
    When i was happily enjoying this suddenly he just changed positions of gods n told me why cant we rearrange it n i thought genuinely u can rearrange them upto some extent no problem. So i think issue is well sorted and thanks for inputs here with that i stayed very cool during all this process

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:Glad to note contents of your response to my views. It shows there is truth in the saying certain problems or issues resolves itself with passage of time to one’s satisfaction. It was good not to react and leave it as it is to his will.
    The bonding is better than ever.

Regards.

Giri12 likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

I think explanation about neivedyam & Bhakthi in the link might interest you

Neivedyam & Bhakthi

Thanks & Regards.