Difference in Syllabus of CBSE, ICSE and International Boards!

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by littledaisy, Aug 16, 2012.

1. littledaisy

littledaisy Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I am looking for a good school but got a bit confused as to which is a better board to opt for? CBSE, ICSE or any International Board.

I have done my schooling from a CBSE school , so I'll prefer that but my hubby's schooling has been from ICSE board and he says that is a better one....
    I am just confused....

Can anyone please elaborate the difference between the boards and how they benefit a child?

Thanks a lot!

You may like to read:

How to Decide On a Board Of Education for Your Child

2. Moumita1

Moumita1 Silver IL'ite

Hi Littledaisy,

If you are likely to stay in India for the school days of your child, then CBSE is a good option. With our Education and HR minister Kapil Sibal taking active role in revamping the syllabus, its a now a process of continuous assessments year long, and hence less pressure on the children. Also the children get to do a lot of hands down activities like group projects, skits, and many others as aprt of the syllabus. With my chil in class seven, I am quite happy with Delhi schools offering CBSE curriculm.

Moumita

3. SameeraSingh

SameeraSingh New IL'ite

Hey,

As far as I am aware, CBSE syllabus is the best as it concentrates both on study and extracurricular stuff....ICSE is more detailed and extensive, though it is very good for overall knowledge about a variety of things but then, I feel children are more engrossed in books than other activities.

International boars follow curriculum of a particular international univ. and if your child wants to continue his/her education in that particular univ. in future, its best for them.