Difference between nappies and diapers?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sugansunil, Mar 4, 2015.

1. sugansunil

sugansunil Bronze IL'ite

I hav bought nappies (reusable) for my unborn baby. Do I hav to buy diapers too and what's the difference? Wont they provide in hospital ?

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Nappies need to be changed immediately once the baby makes them wet as they don't absorb the wetness. There are liners available in the market that can be used inside the nappies (folded like pad) that will absorb for a while and prevent fast leakage outside the nappy. You need to wash these nappies and sun them nicely .Always iron them...that also kills the microbes and prevents infection.

Diapers can be kept longer as they absorb wetness better. They are very good for overnight use as you don't have to wake up every time the baby wets.These are also recommended when you take baby out as you don't have to worry about changing baby's or your clothes if they get wet. Diapers come in various sizes .

You can use both as per your convenience.

2 people like this.
  3. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Nappies are not suitable for baby in Nigh Time, If your baby wet nappy he/she will wake up in night or it will disturb her! If you don't see that or you get late to change he/she will get cold easily. So Use Diapers in Night!