Diet requirements for ivf

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Lavanyaram, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Lavanyaram

Lavanyaram New IL'ite

Hi friends

After a long research I've decided to go for IVF with Dr. Sarat Batina in Apollo Hospitals. He seems calm and very soft spoken. I Want to know if any of you have tried acupuncture during Ivf and is there any particular diet to be followed. This would be my First IVF , so friends pls advice on do's and don'ts.

I live in Tambaram, if anybody know a good dietien and acupuncture docs pls let me know.

Lavanya

2. Reha

Reha Junior IL'ite

Hi lavanya, even I have started with my ivf treatment. About diet I have read that you should try to have protein rich food. Also try to stay away from processed food as much as you can. Cut down on sugary food, coffee, coke, alcohol etc. Besides all these I am not changing any of my food habits drastically. Don't forget to take your pre natals regularly. Wish you all the best. Lots of baby dust to you.

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Eating healthy is just sufficient. Try to add more fruits, vegetables & greens and less carbohydrate(rice/chappathi). Include protein rich foods. All these will help!
    Try to stay calm & stay positive through out the procedure & later!

Sticky baby dust to you!

4. Lavanyaram

Lavanyaram New IL'ite

Hi Reha,
    Thank you so much for the reply. where are you having the procedure done.
    Sure i'll plan for a protein diet. All the best to you. Loads of baby dust to you

5. Reha

Reha Junior IL'ite

Hi lavanya, I am doing my ivf in Delhi. Have you started with the procedure ? I have started with my suppression phase.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  6. Lavanyaram

Lavanyaram New IL'ite

Hi Reha, I havenot started the process yet. Waiting for my husband, he is current in US for project. He will be back by end of Feb , so Starting the process in March. Doc has asked me to try to lose some weight. Im working on that.
    How long is the suppression phase? what's next? Is this your first time.

All the best for the procedure

7. Reha

Reha Junior IL'ite

Hi lavanya, the suppression phase is of one month. Out of which 1 week is completed and I have 3 more weeks left. So I guess around mid of March I will start with simulation. My dh is in USA and would be coming around mid March. Yes this is the first time for me too. Really I am nervous , scared. I have been ttc for last 2 years. It's really taking toll on me now. I am suffering from endometriosis :( Wish you all the luck with ivf and weight loss.

8. rghosh

rghosh New IL'ite

Hi,

Dr Sarat is the best and you can be assured of he best treatment . Trust me in this as I've been to all the popular fertility clinics in chennai. Each one was a horror story and the doctors terrible that u can't understand how they even exist. Just money making and so indifferent to patients. Worst is GG and Prashanth. Had nightmare experience there.

Anyway I had ICSI done 2 years back and it was a success. I really attribute it to Dr Sarat. I realized that that you have to be calm and trust your doctor completely . Thanks to him I have a lovely 2 year old daughter. And now am going back to him for my frozen embryo transfer soon.

I know am not replying about the diet part but yes just follow what he says and you will be fine. Try losing the weight as recommended by him and follow a healthy diet. I didn't following special diet and ate what I felt like.

good luck and will be glad to answer any queries you have.