1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diet for Babies Under 1 year

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Vandhana, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

thanx vanathi. i don't know how to make rasam, can u share the receipe?

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

3. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Cheer

I used to make Rasam jsut by boiling tomatoes, with veryyyyyyyy lil sambar powder, turmeric a pinch and salt. Once cooked, add lil dhal water and then coriander leaves and curry leaves and then boil till it frothes. Then add lil pepper powder,temper with mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves in lil ghee. Thats it.
    While giving to baby, take lil rice, add lil salt(if needed), ghee, and dhal, blend in mixie with rasam(only the watery part), then make it into a loose paste like consistency and feed it.
    I am doing like this to Vinay!

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

While I am still at this subject,just wanted to update you all on Varun's allergy. I do think Moong dal is the culprit.Whenever I add moong dal to anything,he gets these rashes.My ped was thinking that his eczema was because of me consuming milk and then BFing him,but I don't think milk is the cause,since he has been having milk with his cereals and this morning too I gave him idli with milk,nothing happened.

Meanwhile,I have been giving him rice with rasam and toor dal and vegetables for the past 2-3 weeks, and everything seems fine till now,thank God! Somehow,this small fellow doesn't like fruits like apples,peaches etc,but seems to be liking banana and vegetables.:hide:

Ok,then,what else can I try for him,especially in the evenings like a snack..my mil tells me it is too early to give spinach etc,what do you think,he has completed 7 mnths now.

5. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Vanathi, sarvani & sunitha thanx a lot for rasam's recipe, i'll try it soon, maybe in India.

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Sunitha - Like your MIL I too think its a bit early for spinach - I waited until Aadhu had completed 8 mnths - some babies may get diarrhoea and anal redness from spinach so give a little initially and if he tolerates it well then of course its great. Even now giving greens of any sort will make Aadhu poo instantly! I'm so glad you managed to isolate the culprit behind all Varun's allergies. Now he can eat everything else without you worrying.

Vanathi.

PS - Just realized you and Supriya live in the same place - wow!

7. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Thankyou Vanathi,that was timely.

Yes,we live in the same community.That is good,our sons get to play with each other almost every day.

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Re: Diet and related questions for Babies under 1 yr.

Since we now have age-wise threads I am closing this thread. Please use the appropriate age threads for further posts.

Vanathi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.