Didn't get chance to celebrate Raksha Bandhan from 3 years!!!

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by MrignayniBansal, May 13, 2008.

1. MrignayniBansal

MrignayniBansal Senior IL'ite

Hello Friends,

!!! Raksha Bandhan !!!

The important festivals are celebrated during the bright fortnight in the month of Shravan(Rainy Season) is known as Raksha Bandhan.

Raksha Bandhan is also known as Rakhi. Rakhi has become a sacred festival for sisters and brothers.During Raksha Bandan, sisters tie a sacred thread on the wrist of a brother for his well-being, in return for the brother's vow to protect them.

In old days, many Rajputs sacrificed their lives to protect their spiritual sisters.Nowadays Rakhis are decorated with soft silky threads of various colours, and also with ornaments, pictures, gold and silver threads etc. Within these Rakhis reside sacred feelings and well wishes.

But the saga is during this competitive era I didn't get chance to celebrate Raksha Bandhan with my brother and parents from 3 years..I used to live in hostel for my college studies.Either there was semester exams held during august or didn't get holidays for going to native place.And among hindus It is one of the biggest and important festival.Gone are those days!

Now I got married.Because of loads of responsibilities I unable to go to my mother's place.I am eagerly waiting for this year's Raksha Bandhan.I have planned it.Hopefully, this year I get chance.

2. shweta_mhatre

shweta_mhatre New IL'ite

Hi Mrignayani,

Very truely you spoke.
    I am also away from my brothers, some of them are residing quite far away from my place and some others are located outside the country.
    So it is really hard to get all of them under a roof on a particular day,though Rakhi humlogoke bohot achi tarah se manhi jati hai..but hamare fast life aur job aur responsibilites ke age,Rakhi jesi festival ko bhi har manni parti hai.
    Mei bhi Rakhi nahi manayi for last 2 years.hope this year I can manage to bring them under one roof.

Thanks
    shweta

3. MrignayniBansal

Hi All,

Well once more Rakhi is coming on 16 August.

This time also (as always) I will not able to celeberate with my parents and brother.Kya kare yaar festival ke time bahut Miss hota hai India.Us mein to kuch pata hi nahi chalta festivals ka.Aur har cheez mein itne restrictions rules.Really I will miss my home on this RakshaBandha.

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Friends,

I do understand your feelings..being away from your brothers on that day...
    Though you may be far from them ..I guess you can send them rakhi...

Its celebration enough that even in todays busy world, the festival has retained its glory and the meanings of the custom is beautifully intact.

5. MrignayniBansal

Hi Friends,

Hope you all are doing great.
    Because of all your wishes,Finally I am going to India on this Diwali.No doubt we use to celebrate Diwali in Sasuraal(In-Laws place) only But After two days of Diwali There is a festival of Bhai-Dooj.
    Do you know about Bhai-Dooj.It is as same holy, auspicious festival as RakshaBandhan(rakhi).
    So I am planning to go to my parents place on coming Bhai-Dooj.I asked my mother-in-Law and husband also in advance they are ok with this.
    Hurray I am so exited.Now next I have to do lots of shopping for all of them.

Thanks you all ,

6. lalithavennkat

lalithavennkat Silver IL'ite

Dear Ilite,

Well to know that you are coming to India for Diwali. Have a nice time with all your relatives here and
    carry back lot of Joy and memories.

7. subhichaudhri

subhichaudhri New IL'ite

Hi all,

In today's fast life,We all are so busy that there is very little chance of celebrating feativals with close family members.
    But one thing is good you can celeberate these festivals with close friends and share with your family members.

So enjoy your festivals to the fullest.