1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Did your DH/DW sweep you off your feet Today?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Oh, I call DW n+1 number of names at different moods and times. I never knew this also liked by DWs and got listed in the "swept me today" thread. DWs like gestures, eh?

2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Thanks, Gauri!! I eye on this thread all the time to see if someone fell off the floor due to the "swept off the feet" acts.:rotfl
    Nice feeling! Glad you guys keep it alive.

WOW! You have a way with words, Gauri! :thumbsup Wonderfully put.

3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

My DH too calls all possible names that comes to his mind. Just any name. :bonk. And I like it.

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Yeah, i come up with some funky ones all the time, and I change it (like my avatars) :)
    I thought DWs are "neutral" to those, maybe they do enjoy secretly

5. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

Gauri, what a beautiful story. You and your husband are both very fortunate to have found each other. Spouses are supposed to bring out the best in each other, and I think you two definitely fall into that category.

I love the sentiment here, and how you have expressed it. Thank you for putting a smile on my face and giving me something to think about :)

6. Alankritha

Alankritha New IL'ite

Such a nice thread....full of positiveness n happiness....thanks for starting this thread!

Mornings when I enter into the kitchen I like to see it clean...
    The other day I was not well and DH promised that he would clear off the dishes etc in the night itself....due to work, he couldn't keep up his promise...The next day when I woke up (@ 8 AM) I saw DH in the kitchen cleaning the utensils....in his nice formals....along with his office tag....he was sweatting a lot....Ohhh! How I love him for just trying to keep his promise...though he was getting late to office....It was soo cute to see him that way....

1 person likes this.
  7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Thanks, Alankritha! Nice name. Any meaning too? Just curious. :)
    Very nice of him. :)
    That reminds me something similar about my sweetheart.
    If I am at home, it is a big deal for me to get out of the house for ANYTHING. DH knows that very well. So somedays while setting out to the office, when I am not around, he will empty the kitchen trash on his own, then go out with laptop in one hand and trash bag in another. :bonk
    If I object saying his hands and dress will get dirty, he would still insist saying, "nee enga veliya vara pora?! po-ppa velaiya paaru." (you will never get out of the house. Carry on with your work-pa. ).

I would still kinda feel bad to see him all dressed up and carry the trash.. But I do find that gesture very thoughtful and sweet of him.:tongue

8. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

Gauri,

Well said!! I loved your words....:)

Mstrue,

Thanks for starting this thread.....I simply love to read these sweet stories/incidents...:)

Looking forward to reading some more.

--Bubai

1 person likes this.
  9. Alankritha

Alankritha New IL'ite

Thank you...Alankritha means a decorated lady...
    U changed ur avatar....n u look cool....

10. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

True - such a wonderful thread ...thank you.:cheers

What can I say about my DH... He is my world. He sweeps me off my feet every single day. I can see clearly his eyes are full of love when he just glances at me. There are several several incidents that has made my day brighter by the things he has done, It would probably be like 10 pages long if I start to write.... LOL......

We are married for 10 years now, out of which 8 years we have been TTC with sadly no fruitful results. Its hard and anything could have gone wrong with both of us. Resentment, detachment etc etc...But it has only made our love stronger. Whenever I am down or emotional seeing something on TV or seeing my friends celebrate their kids birthday, he is the one who holds me tightly and says that "you are there for me and I am there for you" & "I don't need a baby or anyone else but you this family of ours".

Just yesterday I was being very silly (which I am always btw:crazy) and singing songs in the shower with crazy, loud & funny voice and after my bath I opened the door and there he was at the door grinning from ear to ear & then laughing his head off.....he gave me a tight hug and said "I love you", I was like ...what...why, what happened suddenly...and he said nothing "I just love you".

I am happy because I make him laugh and he does too and btw I have read responses about DH calling their DW with several names but its opposite in my case..I am the one who calls my DH with several different names and I know he loves it.

1 person likes this.