1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Did your DH/DW sweep you off your feet Today?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Apr 27, 2010.

1. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

Six years back when I was working in Washington DC, we had only one car and my hubby used to commute 5 hours each day to drop me in the office and to pick me up after work....and this inspite of DC having a fantastic Metro system. He was a medical resident and there were times when he worked for more than 40 hours at a stretch.....:((

When we were dating, there were many times when he came to Delhi just for couple of hours to meet me. His house is in Chennai.

My DH lets me sleep until noon every sunday if he is not on call and takes care of the baby.......:)

There are times when I feel apprehensive and I doubt my own ability to do well in something, I just have to look at him and I get my strength back....:)

My DH is my best friend, I tell him everything...:)

--Bubai

2. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

Gauri,

Your sweet post reminded me of something.......My DH was on call last year during Thanksgiving and I had guests at home....I was so stressed out. I had absolutely no help and there were 5 kids in the house.

When DH came home during dinnertime....I was so irritated. I took him to the kitchen and told him that I would be leaving for Delhi. My mom lives in Delhi. I told him I would never come back to the US and would continue staying with my mom....

My DH said "Ask Maa (we call my mother "Maa") if I can also stay with her. Ask Maa if she will make me her ghar jamaii. I simply can't live without Maa's daughter...so wherever her daughter is, I have to be there."........ha ha!!

I had nothing to say after that....:)

--Bubai

1 person likes this.
  3. Maggie2009

Maggie2009 Gold IL'ite

My job requires me to work outdoors most of the time and i tend to skip a meal or two sometimes...my dh sneaks yummy stuff like snack bars and chocolate cookies ( sinful..but he loves spoiling me) into my handbag and my car when he thinks am not paying attention...his way of ensuring that food is present within my reach all through the day

In the midst of a bad workday, it is such a joy to find a lindt bar or namkeen in my glovebox or amidst my office stationery...makes me go awwwwwwwwwww

also, he kisses me thrice everytime- standing for I- Love-You...
    my prince:)

2 people like this.
  4. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Nice thread, mstrue. I have two things to share...

1. Many times my DH has gone out of station for official work like 2 or 3 days trip. I always miss him when he is not with me and i express to him, but he never expressed anything like that. I used to think why guys expresses very less than girls.
    Recently he had to go to a diff place for 3 days and I had to go my native place to see my parents. When we came back and met, he told "I really missed you this time". I was so happy. To me , that was the happiest moment in life.

2. I had a miscarriage just before our wedding anniversary day and was so upset. I felt very bad both physically and mentally. He surprised me by giving gold chain and gold bangles for the next day's thing. The thing that made me to feel happy is his love and affection even in that tough times, which changed my mood from sad to happy.

1 person likes this.
  5. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

I got a bouquet after a gap of more than a year.... from dady of our kids for Mother's day... and both of them raised by him to give a peck on my cheek to wish a happy M day :)..............

6. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

That's sweet!:)

7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

So cute, yaar!:thumbsup

8. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

I am so sorry about the sad happening, Sujatha.
    And kudos to your DH to put aside his sorrow and trying to cheer you up.

9. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

ShilpaMa,
    :partyHappy for you!
    And did you censor that additional peck and beyond from the one who raised both the kids, or what?! :biglaugh
    (Belated) Happy Mother's Day, dear!

10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My hubby calls my mum 'Maa' too. She simply adores it. She tried making me say it but I find it a little bit filmy so I call her 'Mamma'. Of course that makes my hubby the darling son-in-law and me the disobedient daughter. :)

MSTrue, kudos on a heart-warming and happy thread! This thread is such a welcome relief from all the callous heartless husbands, and MILs and SILs from hell stories.

Here's another one from my 'treasured memories' locker,

I got pregnant when I was in the last stretch of my PhD. It wasn't entirely unplanned, we had talked about when to have a child, but we weren't consciously trying to make a baby at that time. I had noticed a few unusual changes in myself for a few weeks, overwhelming fatigue and unusual shifting pains in my abdomen, but I never connected it to pregnancy. One day while at school I started having a sharp pulsating pain in my lower abdomen. I called my hubby and he scared me into going to the student health center by suggesting that I could have appendicitis! I met the nurse, she asked me a few questions and took a urine sample. She came back within seconds and told me that I was pregnant! I think at that instant I didn't feel anything, neither euphoria nor shock. I was just embarrassed by the way the nurse was looking at me. She had no way of knowing that I was married! I mumbled a thank you and nearly ran out of the health center.

I had no idea how my hubby would react to this news but I just had to call him. Sorting out my feelings, fears and confusions was impossible without my darling husband. He is my rock of Gibraltar. His reaction was diametrically opposite to mine. He began whooping with euphoria and blurted it out to all his coworkers. The only thing I managed to ask him was, 'How will we do this?'. He simply said, "We'll manage". His reaction helped me understand how I felt about the news. In spite of all the confusion regarding the future, I was happy, very very happy.

At that instant, I realized that there is never a right time or right place or right age to have a baby, just the right man to have it with. I knew I had found mine!

Last edited: May 13, 2010
    1 person likes this.