1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Did your DH/DW sweep you off your feet Today?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good to see a thread that reminds us of the sunny side of life!

I could go on and on about my husband but I will curb that impulse. Here is one that warms my heart every time I think of it.

My DH is a very calm person. When I am angry, I rant and rave while he calmly listens to me. He never escalates an argument. In fact I don't think I have ever been angry with him for more than a few hours in 7 years of married life.

So one day, I was irritated about something that happened and I was really angry with him. In my anger I said, "I will find a job on the East coast and leave you and I will make sure I get custody of our son. You can then live your life peacefully when I am gone. " My calm hubby who never argues said a very surprising thing. He said, "I will hire the best lawyer money can buy." I was taken aback. And then he added, "I will make sure you get my custody too!" :rotfl

I just adore that man!

7 people like this.
  2. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

That is too funny...:cheers

3. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

So cute...

4. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

As everyone, I could also go on and on.

Coming specifically to what swept me off my feet TODAY - I am abroad and my DH in India. And today I received a big Fed-X parcel full of gifts. The most precious ones were a letter, a small teddy and a card, as we are approaching our 3rd anniversary.

As this time we won't be spending it together :-(

5. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

Today ???
    Nah !!:hide:

I work in VA and my DH in ...well he is currently someplace in the east coast..tough for me to keep track of his numerous work places:bonk

He had a busy day at work and I had one too...The last I spoke to him was this morning around 9 and a couple of mins ago for another 5 mins.
    I don't think my DH is romantic enough to sweep me off my feet in just a couple of mins, well he is a shy person with me I think...He needs a lot of training and pushing and shoving...I have to find the right person to tune him...Maybe my BIL:biglaugh

6. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Wow a lovely thread... True you truly make our day :thumbsup..
    Nice posts from everyone.
    Gauri, I must say......... that was really really cute.. .

I got swept over the weekend, I called up his extended family where one of his cousin sis had just delivered a baby, then handed the phone to him.
    Sometime after the call got over when I went into the room he said, shud I clear the other cupboard as well, so that once your parents arrive they get more space :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl.

I said current one is sufficient.. if requried I'll let you know, he wanted to clear the cupboard that he locked 6 mnths back.. JUST the offer mattered a lot to me.
    He's back to a stale & stiff face.. probab he declared this offer to him mom by end of day.. anyhow that moment did show that he does care :coffee.

7. Letmehavefun

Letmehavefun New IL'ite

a very nice thread started, :clap throwing all postive vibes amongst the other threads with bitter experiences.

I regularly follow the forums and for past few days, I was thinking that getting married is the end of life, be it love or arranged. I too was thinking, deeply engrossed in wild thots when even in office about what my fate would turn up to be.:oops:

But reading all your experiences.....some feel-good breeze has come from somewhere deep within and surrounded all over. I was all smiles reading all these.

Looking forward to get married with my already-found-love-of-my-life for writing up my sweet nothinggs tooo...

Keep this going :thumbsup...love u ladies

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Karthika

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  8. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Ansuya, what a lovely image. I feel it's moments like that which make life worth living. Enjoy your icecream at the park, you three sound like a beautiful family. :thumbsup

9. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Mstrue,
    Thanks for starting this thread.... This is bringing a positive vibe in this forum!!!
    so sweet.... Really !!
    You reminded me of a similar incident that happened with me a few days back.... I was already in a bad mood and got irritated at something DH did... I told him, "you are just too much...I'm going away leaving you...stay alone and you will know my value..."..to that,innocently he replies,"take me too please ":) ...that was so cute and all my anger melted away!!!

Yes, I thought the same thing when I read Ansuya's post. I agree, that we should cherish such moments that make our life more meaningful

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  10. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

My garbage dispenser gave away a few days ago and the plumber isnt available until tomorrow. So no cooking duties for me. My husband did the most wonderful thing for me.When he went to work today , he was supposed to buy lunch for himself before going. So when he left , I assumed he will go buy lunch and go to work. Instead he bought breakfast,lunch for himself and me and came home to give me that. He said thats for you. I just cudnt help but give him a kiss.:):).Poor thing , when i strictly told him to go to work after buying lunch for himself.