1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Did your childhood dreams come true?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jyoti, Jul 3, 2005.

1. jyoti

jyoti New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I thought I will ask everyone to share about your childhood dreams.

What did you to wanted to become when you grew up? Teacher or Doctor or Lawyer or Police woman or Entreprenuer or Actress :)-P) or what more?

Did you have one or more dreams? Did it come true? Hope that it came true with most of you! If not, if you can say why it did not come true?

2. nirupama

nirupama New IL'ite

Right from childhood I had an interest for arts and crafts. I wanted to become an artist(painting, drawing, etc.) by profession. Though I landed into an administrative job, I still have a flair for painting and craft works. I have them as my hobbies and whenever I find time keep practicing them.

3. jyoti

jyoti New IL'ite

My childhood dreams kept changing!

Hi Nirupama,

Great that you are gifted with the art of painting. I wish your hobby soon turns out to be a part-time profession for you. Good luck!

My dreams about what I wanted to become always kept changing. During my school days, I always wanted to become a teacher. I used to join with the kids in my neighbourhood and play teacher-students game and I used to ensure I am always the teacher ;-)

Then I changed my dreams to become a lawyer, then a police and finally I ended up in a finance career. Sounds really strange, isn't it???

4. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

Childhood dreams

Like any child I had the usual dream of becoming a doctor. When I came to my higher secondary I took pure science group for the same. But then I found it so hard to stand by the dissections :x

So I got into doing my degree in nutrition & dietics. Atleast it is of help to me now to some extent!

5. meghau

meghau New IL'ite

Childhood dreams

hi,
    I am megha
    Childhood dreams are very true to the heart . It is the dreams that make us
    realize ourselves
    My dream was to acheive success in computers. Iam quite close to it

Computers,Animations i just love it all
    bye

6. amudha

amudha Senior IL'ite

Dreamt to become a police officer!

Hi all,

My childhood dream was to became a police officer. Especially after watching the movie Vaijayanthi IPS, I was aggressive about my dream.

But you know what, now I'm a full fledged home maker :|

7. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I read this post now, great idea to share our dreams. i think childhood is a time when we dream lots, like when i was kid i want to become police, but as i grown up i give up & after taking economics as my major i want to become IES or IAS, but then after my marriage i just want to be a homemaker, but i think destiny have something else in store for me, now i'm an administrative & don't know what destiny store for me for future.

But i think childhood is the time when we dreams too much but only some of them take it seriously or comes true. I think life is like that u never know what going to happen next. So take it as it is:mrgreen:

8. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi jyothi & all,interesting thread
    hmmm,my childhood wish was i want to become aTeacher,so that i can beat others:mrgreen:,but definitely i will put good marks to all students,no one fail:tongue
    after my schooling,i thought of doing catering techolonogy,my parents were against,becoz i have to taste nonveg,drinks & all,so i left,second i want to do nursing course,my mom said iam just opposite to that career as i do not have much patience,but now i have changed completely,but no use :-(
    hmm,i do not think so that my dreams will never ever come true:icon_frown:

9. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

childhood dreams mostly never come true because we dont remember how many times we change our dreams but only if those dreams which we dream in our education period and after settling life become true we can be glad and appreciate ourselves.
    i always wanted to do my phd i also registered for tht but i could not make to it so many hindrances in the form my my parents who said if u go for phd we have to find someone who is more educated than u :)) made me postpone it for sometime then whn i was married i tried to accomplish tht but i had something in offering my profession was supposed to be different how could i do tht so i landed up in another profession and i dont see in near future my dream wud be accomplished :)) funny isnt it but many times life gives us something maybe more deserving than wot we want to do or cherish
    many times we find wot we are presently doing better than wot we dreamt also
    so my dear friends we shd dream dream to make them come true and if they wont we shouldnt be dissatisfied but be happy tht we got in our share wot is meant for us :)
    bye tc