1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Did you put a smile on HIS/HER heart Today?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Jul 13, 2010.

1. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi billybob,

The above detailed reply to JAG, would address your concern too. Thanks. Bye. :)

2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Dear Viji Aunty,

First of all thanks for gracing the thread. Elders like you are the beacons to enlighten us about relationship. :p

Yes Aunty, you are right. We all have put a smile on someone right from the day our parents knew that we were on the way. :thumbsup Let us continue to spread the smile till the day we will be remembered.:cheers Please share your sweet moments too now and then, so we can share a smile or two. :)

3. indianguy2010

Yesterday, world cup's final match was on. My wife is a great cricket fan, whereas I am not. She was watching the India Vs Sri Lanka match, ball by ball.

By about 8 pm, it was dinner night. Idlie , sambhar was for the dinner. Actually sambhar was already made and frozen. Only idlies have to be made. But, my wife was finding it difficult to get up from , in front of the tv , to go to the kitchen. She was saying, "After this over, I will go to the kitchen and boil the idlies".

I silently went into the kitchen, put the idlie utensil on stove, ignited it, poured water on it, took out the idlie tray, took the batter out from fridge, poured it on the pits of the tray, put in the on boiling idlie utensil, covered it..........put the alarm in my mobile phone for fifteen minutes. (learnt already that idlies take around fifteen minutes to boil in medium flame).

Wife was seriously watching the match. I was with her on sofa. My mobile alarm rang up. I silently went into the kitchen, switched off the stove, took out the idlies and kept them in hot pack..............took out the frozen sambhar from fridge, re-heated it silently.........put three idles in a plate, with a cup of sambhar on a cup........brought it to drawing room..........and gave to my wife, who was still engrossed in the match. "Thank you, Thank you" , saying this, she received the plate from me...........devoured the idlies (seemed, she was very hungry).

After the match was over, she had already one great smile on her heart by India's victory over Sri Lanka. The second smile was due to my act of cooking idlies for her and serving it to her on drawing room while she watched the tv. She hugged me and said, "Your suprise act of cooking the idlies for me, mean a lot to me" in an emotion mixed voice..!

Two smiles were put on her her heart...........one by Team India............and the second by me. :)

Thanks Mstrue. Your threads have successfully stood the test of time in this website, so far. They will continue to do so, for ever, in future also.

To top it all, they continue to be an inspiration for me......to do small small surprise acts like the above, to my wife, which makes her feel special.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  4. niveda123

niveda123 New IL'ite

Indianguy2010,

I couldn't agree more as to how important "expressing" anything and everything is. I was reading this thread and the posts you had made, and I can say your wife is very lucky :)
    Certainly you have a great way to express your love to her! :thumbsup

5. indianguy2010

Hi Niveda,

Learning is probably a life time job..........especially the preferences and attitudes of the opposite gender. Spending time in this website and interacting with women like you, have given me access to first hand information about how women think..........and what do women actually expect from their men etc,

Thanks IL...and thanks friends..!

6. cholu

cholu New IL'ite

Not today but last month on his b'day... I wrote 50 memorable happy incidents that happened after our marriage . It was such a simple gift .. He felt so happy and cud see his eyes glowing with happiness.. Coz I even used exactly th date/ month it happened and words he used.. When I got married itself.. I started to write Gud moments in life.. Which in turn was useful for his b'day gift..

7. indianguy2010

Borrowed from Barrak Obama :-

My wife sometimes would be away from home for 36 hours continuously, due to her job assignments. That is the only time , I say, things like "Miss you" and "love you". I feel shy to say these stuff, over her face , in person, when she is in front of me.

A few days back, she was away from home on her work, for more than 24 hours. Me and our son were managing home alone. Late evening, when I felt vacant without her, I made a call to her. Before I could start, suddenly, something came to my mind...........that is what U.S President Obama told on the stage on his swearing in ceremony, to his wife Michele........He said, "Michele, I love you so much, ....so much..that much you can not imagine !".

When she took the call, I said, "The house is vacant and empty with you......Do you know how much I love you ?...........I love you so much, .......so much, that you can not imagine". She must have been so moved, that I could hear only silence. "Thanks" said, she in a choking voice.

Next day, when she arrived home, she hugged me for three long minutes...then.......writing beyond this is not allowed by this Forum Etiquette. We had a 'very nice' time...:thumbsup

Thanks to Obama..........his words, upon used by me, made a great impact on her....! :)